Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Super flat baby head! Which doc for Helmet?

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Hi All - my baby has a fairly mild case of flat head and I'm going to call Caroline as recommended by the posters here.

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback/updated info on this subject as it's an older thread?

Thanks very much.

matrix1 is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    this is an old thread but my Baby in sai kung is 4 months old, has the same thing, a flat head-
    any suggestions????

any people have experience of a chinese bone setter in sai Kung?
    anyone in HK using a helmet for this condition??

thanks

geomum is offline Registered User
    In my opinion "Just let it be". It will get better with age but never be perfectly round. Helmet is not available in HK as far as I know and its not very easy on the baby either as it has to be worn for 23 hours for at least a few months up to two and half years. Physiotherapy doesn't prove beneficial in all cases (Didn't help my daughter the least bit), don't know about chinese bone setting.
    Try repositioning the babies head, don't let him/ her sleep on her back at all times. This will definitely help!!!

mansha is offline Registered User
    hello ladies,
    Our grannies would always say to prevent the baby from having a flat head...one should put the head on a round pillow for the first few months since babies spend so much time sleeping on their back...and with both my boys my mom had got me the round pillow and it really helped make the head round....and also my helper taught me how to massage the baby's head as how they (the midwives) would do it in their village.

the pillow is like a ring and sometime back i'd seen it in rapee living stores.
    my son is eight months now and i don't need the pillow.i can pass it on..just pm me...

helper would massage the head as if you pressing a play dough softly... using both hands....one on the top of the head and the other on the chin..press softly for few seconds everyday...

if you want to rule out any other cause of the flat head you can have it checked from the names given in the thread

matrix1 is offline Registered User
    hi mansha and geomum,
    thanks for your comments....

yes we just found one of these excellent pillows at rapee living last night,
    thanks mansha for your kind suggestions....
    ;)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123