Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

baby boy # 2

babynumber2 is offline Registered User

baby boy # 2

Hi
    i have just found out we are having baby boy # 2, i have to be honest and say i am really disappointed as i had really hoped for a girl as i only will have two kids.

Did anyone else go through the disappointment feelings and if so how long did it take you to go through and work through it? Do you have any tips?

I know i am lucky to have kids so i am not looking for comments such as "as long as its healthy" " you are lucky" etc i do understand this as i have miscarried before so do know i am blessed to have two children.

I really just want to see if anyone else suffered from disappointment and finding it hard to deal with. Did you bond with your second boy when he was born or did it take a while etc? I am worried that my disappointment will hinder the bonding so want to deal with it now.

thanks

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User
    I hear you!

For me, my style of relating is quite different with my second son. In fact I think for me that is something very essential, accepting that they are two very different boys with whom I've had very different pregnancies, birthing, breastfeeding and bonding experiences.

To be honest I feel closer to my second son as I appreciate a lot more how brief and precious every stage is. Whilst with my first I was a lot more wound up, about getting everything "right".

I have also asked myself what I think would be different about a relationship that I would have with a daughter compared to a son.

Hope that helps and try to enjoy your final pregnancy and birth experiences.

babynumber2 is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your response, i appreciate it.

I know in my head its going to be great and i will love having my two boys, its just got to get to my heart too!

i agree i don't think a relationship with a son will be too much different to a daughter especially when they are young, its only when they get older i guess it changes and that's what people focus on.

i am starting to feel the baby move a lot this week and it has started to help with the bonding.

thanks again

Scroll to top