Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

4 mth+ with back pain anyone? A place for Pilates?

luciamay is offline Registered User

4 mth+ with back pain anyone? A place for Pilates?

My due date is august 2008, so that makes me 18 weeks pregnant, but i'm already feeling back pain especially when i sleep, can hardly get a good night sleep. And I walk very slowly, 'cos my back is tired, and my tummy feels 'stretchy' inside! My friend told me to start doing some excercise to strenghten my back and abdomen, she suggested Pilates.

Anyone could suggest a place for pilates for pregnant women??

dhirsh is offline Registered User
    Matilda offers a course. I haven't taken it, but Know someone that has and really enjoyed it. This is the web site for the class.

http://www.matilda.org/eng/health/fitness_classes.php

luciamay is offline Registered User
    oh great Dhirsh, thanks for the information, i'll check it out. REally hope Pilates could get rid of this horrible back pain! :-)

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User
    I started pilates during my 1st pregnancy for the same reasons and found it effective, so continued afterwards. With my 2nd pregnancy had less time, but still continued.

Ruth Hogg - Tuesdays: 12.45 - 1.45pm @ Yoga Central, 4/f, 13 Wyndham St, CENTRAL - [email protected] or 28 55 00 51.

Or in Discovery Bay there's a class on Wednesday at 12 mid-day with Claire @ Movement Improvement.

http://www.movementimprovement.com.hk/

I believe there's a studio in Stanley too, but have never been.

SS@HK is offline Registered User
    I have been going to Physiomotion for the last 3 months or so...I am 7 months pregnant now. They are very good. I have had back problem for years and was expecting the back pain to get worse during pregnancy. But thank God I have been feeling quite good till now. In addition to pilates at Physiomotion, I have also started going for physiotherapy sessions there...and I highly recommend the physiotherapist there.
    Their address is:

Room 401, 4/F, Baskerville House, 13 Duddell Street,
    Central. HK

Best of luck!

Harsha is offline Registered User
    I have had chronic back pain for the last 15 years and it has got very bad during pregnancy. My orthopedic consultant suggested doing BET pilates - which has worked out very well for me from my 2nd month (I am now 7 months pregnant). Its basically one to one pilates with a physiotherapist - I would recommend Kym who has young children and understands the demands of pregnancy well! They are based at World Wide House (Des Voeux Road) - tel: 25263706

Also regular massage has helped - the Sutherland Chan centre on Lyndhurst Terrace has a special pregnancy massage cushion so that they can massage while you are lying on your belly comfortably (cushion adjusts to growing belly!). I would recommend Ashley (pls note this is not really relaxing massage, but more therapeutic). Contact tel: 25445838

myblr2003 is offline Registered User

Smile im 51/2 pregnant with a lot of back pain

i take b12 from my doctor for back pain, she even said once she had a patient once and she had to give her morphine for the back pain how horrible. Anyways i do soft streches for my back pains ans soft yogas every time it hurts. anything that you can get from the internet by downloading is quite good as long it doesnt hurt you at all.