Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

pea pods

asdasd is offline Registered User

pea pods

hi, I'm thinking of using reusable nappies, anyone tried pea pods, it seems like more user-friendly than other reusable brands as it claims no soaking process is required.

Please share your experience.

hkaussie is offline Registered User
    Hi asdasd, I have a few of these ones, the best benefit of them is that they are a lot cheaper than some other brands. Also, being a pocket nappy, they dry quickly which is great for Hong Kong.

The thing I do find is that they may not be as absorbent as some others, but that varies from baby to baby. I would say that nearly definitely you'd need more than just the trifold insert that comes with them. At least get a 'night booster' for each nappy you buy. The bamboo pea pods are more absorbent but probably more expensive too, I haven't tried them.

Another tip, I have never heard of any baby needing the large size. My 2.5 year old is still in Mediums, at 16kg.

Overall I do really like them, but they probably have an average reputation rather than excellent. Can you get one or two to try out, and see what you think? Don't forget that the inserts need to be washed a few times before they work properly.

By the way, none of the 'modern' nappies (ones with elastic/velcro/poppers etc) need to be soaked, in fact they don't recommend it. It's only with flat nappies that you'd soak them, and even then that is not essential with washing machines these days.
    Last edited by hkaussie; 04-02-2008 at 03:00 PM.

wasabibunny is offline Registered User
    I use BumGenius and love them. I've never had a problem with leakage even overnight as the inserts can soak up 12 oz (although my boy doesn't pee much at night) and they certainly don't need soaking. You can check up doubibou.com for the different brands. BunGenius is a one size diapers so it saves you a load of money and its really easy to wash. The Velcro taps work just like disposable diapers and you can use just the one set of diapers till potty training.

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User
    I use Motherease, a Canadian brand. Bought directly from their website. You buy just a onesize, which fits from new born to toddler. No need to soak, just washed in machine with regular washin powder. I am now using the nappies for my second child and there are still working well with no leaks.

Scroll to top