Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

St. Paul's Convent School

ctrbabe1 Guest

St. Paul's Convent School

Has anyone heard about, or know anything about St. Paul's Convent School in Causeway Bay? I've heard that it's a local English speaking school and we are considering putting our daughters name on the waiting list, but we haven't been able to find much info on it.

Anyone??

carang is offline Registered User

i've had a few students go there. it seems ok. for those who don't want to learn chinese, they also offer french.

as with other local schools, a great emphasis is placed on academics/homework, etc. although it is not as bad as some of the other schools out there.

spockey is offline Registered User

I actually got to observe the teachers and students from St. Paul's at the last choral fest. All the English teachers had a great grasp of the language and so did the students. It is a school with a great reputation.

Coco is offline Registered User

i went to St. Paul's convent school - but it was like twenty years ago ! so i don't know what it is like know. but from what i remember they were really strict and there wasn't much freedom ! I felt very restriced. Since the school is near the main road, the teachers had to use a microphone during class. the good thing was that i was taught cantonese and had a good foundation.

ctrbabe1 Guest

Is there a lot of religious instruction? I'm guessing it's a Catholic school, but we aren't Catholic, so I'm wondering how that will work out.

carang is offline Registered User

they do have religious classes and maybe even have a "service" or two during the week...

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

If you are not Catholics I’d think twice about sending your children to such a school. My first daughter went to a Catholic kindergarten and primary school. I found that they were very effective at teaching guilt!

TST Dad is offline Registered User

Hi there, I heard in the selection process the primary school actually prefers students who live on HK island. Anyone can shed some light on this? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast