Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Experienced Nanny Needed Starting Mid June

ctc1 is offline Registered User

Experienced Nanny Needed Starting Mid June

Hi,
    My husband and I are expecting our first baby in middle of June and we are looking for an experienced and caring nanny to care for our baby. We are expats from New York and planning to live in HK for at least another 2-4 years and we both are working full time for a global bank. We are kind, honest, down to earth couple and looking for nanny with similar characteristics. We live in Central (close to IFC) and our building has very nice facility and playroom for the child/baby and we believe the nanny we hire will be happy with the work environment and will have wonderful experience working for us.

However since we only have two full size bedrooms and like to keep one available for visitors from overseas (i.e my family/friends will visit us from NY, and we would like them to stay with us instead of hotel so that we could spend more time with them), we would preferred that the nanny live elsewhere (for which we will pay extra) or able to stay with their friends during the days we need to free up the guest room for our visitors (we usually have one visitor per month and they normally stay from 2-5 days)

Qualifications/characteristics we are looking for:
    - At least 5 or more years of experience taking care of infants or young children
    - Speak, read and write fluent English or Mandarin
    - Demonstrate high level of maturity, honestly, kindness
    - Good hygiene, well mannered
    - No criminal records and must have at least two references
    - Trained in first aid for baby or willing to be trained in first aid
    - Willingness to learn more about child development and educational activities for baby/child
    - Preferred college graduate
    - Able to swim or willingness to learn to swim is also plus since we enjoy swimming and would have the nanny and baby to join us sometime.

We are flexible with the start time and willing to wait until beginning of Sept if required for the right candidate since I will be taking 3 month maternity leave and plan to spend most of August in NY.

Please email me at [email protected] or call me at 64838362if you are interested or know of any good candidates. Thank you.

sorry, my correct email address is [email protected], not [email protected]

Thanks Cilia, I'll give you call. However I would prefer to meet the person before making the hiring decision.

laurenmary is offline Registered User
    Hi there, my australian nanny is looking for part or full time work from beginning June (we have to go home due to family sickness). She can stay for at least 3 months and possibly more. She is ideally looking for live-in as she hasn't been to Hong Kong before. She has had lots of infant experience and looked after my daughter from when she was 5 months old. I can't recommend her highly enough. Please let me know if you are interested in knowing more. Thanks