Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

what's the immun. schedule?

mambo is offline Registered User
    kowloon, Hong Kong

what's the immun. schedule?

Please help! I have YET to find a pediatrician whom I am comfortable with, especially when it comes to immunization. I have been following the Hong Kong schedule which does not cover pneumoccal, rotavirus etc. I'm Canadian and I'm not sure what other shots I should be giving my child? I just found out that he 'could have' been given one for Rotavirus and now I think it's too late as he's 9 months old already. My eldest son was hospitalized at 2.6 yrs old last fall and it was awful!! Can anyone recommend a pediatrician and/or tell me what 'extra' vaccines that you've given to your child/ren? Thanks!!

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I would recommend you to go to Premier Medical Baby Health Center at Central Building.

I have a book that tells me HKSAR immunization programme and Premier Health Programme. In fact, under HKSAR, pneumococcal and rotavirus are not required. I took my ped's advice and my 9 months old boy is going to have his 3rd oral rotavirus and 3rd dose of phenumococcal. Don't worry, consult another pediatrician for more advice.

Last edited by MeowMeow; 04-08-2008 at 09:08 PM.

Neha is offline Banned
    Mid Levels, Hong Kong
    We were told by our Pediatrician that if u dont get the rotovirus shot earlier then there is no use