Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

nap/sleep schedule for 3 years old kids in HK

bumpkin is offline Banned

nap/sleep schedule for 3 years old kids in HK

hi

I have another question on sleeping and I know that the good answers are you know your children the best and establish one that suits them the best. Let's say I am just curious about other kids' life in Hong Kong. How many hours do your children sleep? Do they take naps during the day? if so, at what time and for how long? Who puts them to nap? What time in general do they go to bed/sleep and wake up? who takes them to school/school bus? for preschoolers who are attending more than one school, where do they have their lunch and change uniforms?

Ok, you can tell I am a bit worried so please be gentle...

thanks

cwbmum is offline Registered User
    Hi
    My little boy who is 3 and a half stopped napping in the afternoon about 8 months ago. He goes to bed at 7 - 7:30 pm and wakes up around 7am. He sometimes falls asleep in the car when we drive to HK Island.
    I take him to school and pick him up, it's only 3 hours so not much to do during that time except walk my dog and feed my baby and prepare lunch and shop etc.
    Personally I don't do too many after school activities as I think playing with his toys and friends is important too. He attends socatots and loves to walk in the hills with our family. He has many friends and does play a lot with them too.
    Hope this answers some of your questions.

muffkitt is offline Registered User
    My 4 year old sleeps about 10 hours a night and naps for between 30 mins to 2 hours during the day. My 2 years 7 months sleeps 10 hours a night and naps 1.5 hours or more during the day. The helper puts them to sleep during the weekdays and we do it during the weekends. They sleep between 8 to 8:45 and wake up between 6:30 to 7:30 a.m.

They catch their naps immediately after the morning school and then have lunch and change to their uniform about 20 mins before the school bus arrives. The younger gets to sleep longer because his school starts later.

samali is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    My Boy is 19 months old now, he wakes up at 9.00 in the morning then his day nap time between 2 to 3 hours.so he sleep late at night around 10.30 to 11.00 a bit late though.

Good to hear that they are able to catch some sleep before going to their afternoon school. how much time do they have between two schools? I guess they must have a very short commute, right?

Quote Originally Posted by muffkitt View Post
    My 4 year old sleeps about 10 hours a night and naps for between 30 mins to 2 hours during the day. My 2 years 7 months sleeps 10 hours a night and naps 1.5 hours or more during the day. The helper puts them to sleep during the weekdays and we do it during the weekends. They sleep between 8 to 8:45 and wake up between 6:30 to 7:30 a.m.

They catch their naps immediately after the morning school and then have lunch and change to their uniform about 20 mins before the school bus arrives. The younger gets to sleep longer because his school starts later.

capital is offline Banned
    This might be a stupid question, but why do children go to 2 different schools in one day?

mintycat is offline Registered User
    My 3 year old sleeps at 8:30 pm and wakes up at about 7 am. She has afternoon nursery class and comes home at about 3 pm. She naps at 3:30 pm. She can go to sleep herself, but the helper tuck her in at her nap because that's when I am nursing my little one. I tuck her in at night. Either me or the helper take her to school.

My 10 month old sleeps at about 8 pm and wakes up at 6:30 - 7 am. She takes 2 naps a day, one at about 9 am for 30-40 mins and another one after lunch at 1 pm for about 45-90 mins. Both times the helper puts her to sleep because I either have to take my older one to activities in the morning or take her to school.

Thanks for replying!

My thought is to have my 3-year-old son to attend Starters' in the morning and KCS in the afternoon so that he can learn both English and Putonghua since we are a putonghua/English speaking family. He is currently attending a whole day (8:30 to 5:30) nursery/preschool and everyone is supposed to nap from 12:30 to 2:30 in US. He normally naps from 1:00 to 2:30 and goes to bed at 8:00 and wakes up at 7:00.

I am just not sure if I should send him to both schools at the same time and my only concern is that he won't be able to take a nap. He seemed to be a little tired than usual when he occasionally missed his nap.
    Last edited by bumpkin; 04-15-2008 at 04:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast