Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Who else got blasted by Oasis??

misizlee is offline Registered User

Also thanks Rani for the geoexpat link, the info was useful.

misizlee is offline Registered User

Hi again!

So I called HSBC as I have a Visa card with them and this is what they told me to do:

Fax 1.CC statement with Oasis transaction, 2.Oasis confirmation page, 3. a brief letter declining the transaction saying I'm unwilling to pay the amount and fax it to 22693080. They'll send an acknowledgement letter after one week with further advice.

Hope that's useful for anyone banking with HSBC.

aussiegal is offline Registered User

I'll place a bet with anyone who wants to that they won't be back in business any time soon. It's too late, their name is ruined, they needed to find a buyer months ago.

As for refunds, good luck but I doubt you'll be getting anything back. The money will be long gone. It's a real shame however, they had a good plan but I think their timing was out.

Sarahmum is offline Registered User

My parents were booked on a flight out to come and see us on 27th April returning 12th May. They are both coming on separate flights now with different carriers, my Dad is arriving on Fri 25th by Air NZ and my Mum arrives Saturday on Virgin. They both go home on different days too, it's lunacy!

They are hoping to get a refund via Insurance, but since everyone has gone crazy booking themselves on to other airlines, they were worried they wouldn't be able to get a seat!

aussiegal is offline Registered User

It's a good thing they got insurance,there probably the only people who did!

KatBoo is offline Registered User

Insurance doesn't cover the losses, at least my sis-in-laws didn't (UK travel insurance - which may be different to insurance bought elsewhere).

The Insurance company told me that if purchased on credit card the issuer is liable to cover any losses when a company gets declared insolvent under the Consumer Credit Act (again, this is in the UK, so not sure about the rest of the world). I spoke to the Civil Aviation Authority (UK) too, and they confirmed this.

Neha is offline Banned

all ticket holders need to wait till 11 th june atleast the official liquidator KPMG gives the financial report and the ticket holders will be the last people to get their money back so I wont be hoping for much anytime soon.

MamanV is offline Registered User

I booked a flexible ticket HK-london last year as I had to pretend I was here on holidays before getting my work visa.
    I don't think things will be sorted out before summer, so I hope to get a refund.
    319 pounds, not much, but still....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast