Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who else got blasted by Oasis??

ctrbabe1 is offline Registered User

Who else got blasted by Oasis??

So we bought tickets on Oasis back in January. We are planning to travel in May. Luckily we found some good priced tickets on China Airlines, but I will be really angry if we don't get a refund from Oasis. We printed out the claim form from the Oasis website, but what more can we do?

Anyone else?
    All the best,
    Katie

misizlee is offline Registered User
    Hi Katie,

I had a ticket booked for July. I didn't know we could even attempt to claim a refund. Well I guess that's good news that a claim form even exists. I'd better print me one of those off!!

Fingers crossed
    Erica

rani is offline Administrator
    Also contact yr credit card company.

Have a read through this discussion on Geoexpat.
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread26336.html

capital is offline Banned
    did they go out of business?

haniikwok is offline Registered User
    Yeah like Rani has pointed out, your credit card company should give you a refund.

I called up Oasis yesterday, they have no further information at the mo and asked me to wait and check their website regularly for news.

I have a feeling they wont have any money left to refund to people...........think they're just trying desperately to find a buyer to buy the business.

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    maybe Virgin will buy them. They run a 'budget' operation in Australia don't they called Virgin Blue, so it would make strategic sense for them.

I hope someone buys them as without this lower-price anchor, all the prices are sure to rise.

My sister-in-law arrived in HK on the last Oasis flight (they announced the insolvency while they were in mid-air!). Now I have to get them home!!

haniikwok is offline Registered User
    I know, was so thrilled when they first started, GBP200 return to HK!!! Only been on it once, thought it was well worth it. Hope someone will buy it and keep it running.

Heard something about the owner used some of the company's shares to borrow personal loans, Hainan Airlines was going to buy it out, but due to this issue they pulled out.

misizlee is offline Registered User
    I don't know what to do. My ticket is for July so I'm not stranded. The ticket was so cheap I'm wondering if I should just hold out and see if another airline takes over. I don't want to get a refund and then pay an arm and a leg for another airline and then find out my ticket could have been honored by new owners....

When I checked their website it says, 'flights suspended until further notice...' I'm optomistic about the further notice but I guess they would say that to deter people from claiming refunds. Like hanii says, they'll probably run out of money for refunds!

Does anybody think there's a chance someone will take over and the existing tickets will be honored?
    Last edited by misizlee; 04-11-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast