Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

thanks for the support!

carang is offline Registered User

thanks for the support!

for those of you who frequent this website, I would like to say THANK YOU!

as many of you know, i frequent a few different sites. i always post under my real name (maybe that's stupid...). i have had a cyber stalker for about 3-4 years now. every once in a while s/he rears his/her ugly head and posts packs of lies regarding one of our businesses. their posts get very personal and at one point they even posted our home address. at the time we were living in db and my husband was fairly well known in the area.

anyway, this person has been banned from at least one website on 2 or 3 occasions due to their disparaging remarks. i always worry that people will read their posts and believe what they say and that it will harm our small business.

anyway, this person has reappeared (not on any of the geo sites!) and i always find it very discouraging. it literally makes me feel ill and i cannot sleep. i'm sure this is the reaction they are hoping to achieve....

i just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have thanked me for any of my posts that you have found even remotely helpful. i appreciate it. especially tonight!

and thank you rani and shri for running such respectable sites.

(did that make any sense?)

jools is offline Registered User

Complete sense. I for one always think that your advice is great, down to earth and useful. I'm sorry you have had to put up with such a difficult situation.

Are there any legal steps that you can take? I ask because I know that a certain baby author has taken contributors to a message board in the UK to court for their remarks about her books.

thanks jools! i have thought about it, but i don't know if it would be worth the effort.

everytime s/he starts it seems very innocent. and then i reply to a question and get hit with this garbage. the last post they made implied that we harmed dogs or left one in DB when we left. he said that we were illegal and unhygenic etc. it is utterly ridiculous and the people that know us know that would never be the case. we are hopelessly rigid about hygiene etc. as the animals live in our home. with small kids, do you think we'd want poop etc around?????

anyway, the said thread has been removed from the other site finally.

i don't know why i take it so personally...but it always causes me great anxiety. and i then reconsider whether i should take part in any discusssions ever...

but thanks again! i do appreciate it!

sunniefaith is offline Registered User

carang,

Don't worry about such a crazy person. There'll always be crazy people out there. I know you're a person who really loves dogs and you did gave me lots of nice advice when I first got my puppy. And you do have sound advice to parents and others with regards to other stuff. Don't worry about the crazy person. And please, don't fall into the person's trap of not wanting to take part in any discussions. I've had that feeling with a certain person on another site before and I know how you feel.

thanks sunnie....any news on the adoption front?

sunniefaith is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    thanks sunnie....any news on the adoption front?
    Thanks for asking. We've sent in our papers and the welfare department is asking for more documents and we're waiting for them from Singapore. Hopefully, things will be fine and we'll get our baby in about 6 to 8 mths' time

Nashua852 is offline Registered User

Dear Cara,

It's appaling that people could be that vindictive! It's apparent that you've got a hell of a lot more going for you and no matter how dirty or underhanded these accusations are remember that they are all this person has; (s)he cannot touch you and your family so they use false allegations to feed their own insecurities, as clearly the person (s)he is pales in comparison to the person you are.

You have been nothing but honest and helpful from what I've seen of you here and asiaxpat. You don't BS which I really appreciate and in fact your drive as a mum has encouraged me to persue a baby/mum-related enterprise (we'll see how it goes, I work from home so I've already got a lot on my plate not to mention it could turn out to be inspiration on a whim and not v. practical!)

I think you should take legal action. If anything it tells your kids who will be using the internet in the future that it is a) important and b) you are able to protect yourself from abuse from the internet.

Good Luck and remember you have plenty of support!!

Nashua

thanks, nash. i have contemplated legal action in the past. especially when this person saw fit to post our address! i only hope that people won't judge what this person says about our business as true without giving us the benefit of the doubt. we don't make a lot of $ from the business, it basically pays our rent. we even had the opportunity of living somewhere in HK rent/mortgage free, but it would have meant giving up the business and my husband REALLY loves what he does, so we said "no, thanks" to that opportunity just so the business could continue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast