Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Sos - Need Suggestions - Desperately

Ce Cia is offline Registered User

Sos - Need Suggestions - Desperately

Hi...
    Both of my sons had math course in the Stepahead, Discovery Park, Tseun Wan, for 7 and half months. They are having a lesson at the same class, although they are in a different level. Until last week they came home and told me that the substitute tutor, Emily, PUSHED MY OLDER SON’S HEAD and shouted SHUT UP to him. The reason was because of my older son told his brother the answer that asked by the tutor. So the tutor shouted SHUT UP to him and pushed his head. I think this is PHYSICAL ABUSEMENT and it is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
    We approached them by trying to make appointment with the owner (this is a small centre). But, the owner was never showed up. At our scheduled time, the person who showed up claimed that she was the in-charge of the centre. We explained to her what happened and she said that she will get back to us on the next day.
    She did call at in the evening explaining what happened based on the tutor story. The tutor admitted that she said SHUT UP to my son because he called out the answer BUT she said that she just put her hand in front of my son's face without touching him. This is UNBELIEVABLE, isn't it? What is the intention of she putting her hand in front of my son's face? When we asked them this question, they never explained why. They just kept changing the topic.
    Anyway, the centre said that they believe their tutor, which means that two of my sons, who are 5 and 6 years old were lying? They were telling the whole story correctly except on the part that the tutor pushed his head? Come on, we are a person with the common sense here, will we buy the tutor's version?
    We are not satisfy with the explanation and asked for another meeting with the tutor but that was never happen. They said that they can't reach her. Let me put it in this way, if the tutor really didn't push my son's head, why she doesn't have any guts to meet us and clarify the whole thing to us? Doesn’t she want to clear up her name?
    We asked for a refund for the rest of lesson because we don't feel safe to send our sons to that center anymore and my sons also refuse to go because they are so scare of that horrible experience. They did refund the money to us.
    But, I don't know... as a mother, I just don't feel right... I feel like I have to share this with other mums... I believe in both of my sons! Both of them are telling the same thing. And please note that my sons have a lot of activities after school, i.e mandarin lesson, swimming, drawing, piano, taekwondo, tennis etc since they were very young... but they never complaint such thing before. THIS IS THE VERY FIRST TIME (I do hope that this will never happen again) and ONLY WITH THE STEPAHEAD, DISCOVERY PARK, Tsuen Wan.
    I really have no idea what should I do next... Anybody have any suggestions?

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    Trust your instincts! If you don't feel right or safe leaving them - pull the kids out and don't send them again. Make sure you sit both boys down and tell them both that you believe them - you want them to feel safe and to be able to trust that you will believe them. Tell them you are sorry that this happened and they should always tell you things like this - tell them you are proud of them for telling the truth. I'm sorry this happened to you and your boys...

Ce Cia is offline Registered User
    Many thanks for your wise advice. Feel better after reading your reply, much appreciated.

AforApple is offline Banned
    We have a similar story of abuse by a private school bus company. The manager refused to listen and keep the bus mother on. The bus mother physically, verbally and sexually abused my son. Aparently they are really huge in Hk and the bus manager said flat out that I was lying and so was my son. Well I went to the police and the hospital with evidence and all formally documented. As well, the police set up a pychologist to see my son. The major intellegence officers took over this case and well pretty quickly after all this the bus company just switched the bus mother to another bus. So she is still around!!!!

anyone who is concerned about this story PM me and I will give you the name of the bus company involved. I am so mad at them. We trust these bus company to pick up and deliver our child safely to school. It takes a lot for a mother who puts their 4 year old on a bus by themselves. Now my helper goes on the school bus to and from school and stays at school the whole time. Lucky we have the resources to do this but I am still upset as we pay nearly $13K a year for this bus company!!!!