Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

What CAN'T you get in HK?

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Fresh (unpolluted) air and grass for kids to run around on!

There's a tiny bit of grass if you look hard enough and drive long enough for it or if you join the Cricket Club.

Konradsmom is offline Registered User
    Large houses/town houses with huge backyards and a big BBQ. Well sure you can here, but not just everyone....:(

Sage is offline Registered User
    Maggi instant noodles!

Neha is offline Banned
    agree with tikkunolam. initially u will miss things but once u adjust and r willing to adapt ,this place is very easy to live in. U can actually get spoilt living in HK because of how easy things get done here. u must first come to hk and look around and see for yourself what things that u really really like and cannot live without it and cannot find in HK and then decide how to get them from wherever.

Best of luck

Sarahmum is offline Registered User
    The only thing I miss from home is the range of prepared meals, especially from Marks and Spencer. Things that you can just cook in a matter of minutes if you are running through the door and are late and need something v quickly.

HK is v cosmopolitan and I have come here with the mentality that I am prepared to try most things and will adapt.

As some one else said, there is a good variety of imported stuff in the supermarkets here plus their bakeries are pretty good!!!
    I'm a little relieved they only sell Australian Cadbury chocolate, as it tastes horrible compared to the UK chocolate and I am not remotely tempted to buy it which helps my waist line!!!

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Tikkunolam, I've been an expat for 10 years so definitely understand about adapting to different products but there are certain things that I just can't live without...vegemite being one of them ;-) and there are certain baby products I prefer to use on my little ones too but thanks for taking the time to reply.

Nicolejoy - ooh let me know if you do find Twisties...lol...love 'em!

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    Lol Sarahmum, when I lived in London I was relieved because I hated UK chocolate compared to the Australian chocolate...though my waistline didn't improve because instead of small pots of beer, pints became part of my diet! I've missed Pret of all things ever since I left London...and coronation chicken...

I did live in Beijing for a couple of years so am familiar with chinese supermarkets etc and am comfortable with chinese markets etc. so I'm hoping for an easy transition into HK life...fingers crossed...

locomomo is offline Registered User
    I think you can get Twisties (& Burger Rings) from Chicken on the Run - a Aussie roast chicken shop along the escalator.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Scroll to top