Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What CAN'T you get in HK?

mumto2 is offline Registered User

What CAN'T you get in HK?

We are moving to HK soon and I have found with every country we've been an expat in so far, there has always been something we can't get...so, could you reply with what you miss from home or what you can't get in HK that you wish you could please

It could be anything from bra's to a particular baby medicine to vegemite ;-)

Many thanks

rebekah is offline Registered User
    US pepsi... honestly though, HK has more expat stores tan most places and you can get MOST things here. There are several threads with this info on the geoexpat board... I posted one myself about 9 months ago...

shoni is offline Registered User
    Un padded bra's and large size womens shoes.....

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    thanks shoni, have the shoe trouble EVERYWHERE we go in Asia...

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I want Twisties - I don't know if they have them anywhere, I haven't SEARCHED for them yet...

I can only rarely find Reeses too... every now and then...

spockey is offline Registered User
    Can't get any runny nose/cold medication for kids under 2. We always get friends from Oz to bring them in. You can't get Baby Vicks either.

tikkunolam is offline Registered User
    You can get almost anything in Hong Kong if you are willing to search for it or to pay a lot of money for it. Doing a search on previous threads can help you get an idea of what is more difficult to find. With internet stores more and more companies are now shipping worldwide- but you may have to pay a premium price. If there is a particular product you really like then bring a lot of that product or have friends/families ship it to you. Part of being an expat is learning to live without some things or finding substitutions. People can go crazy trying to find that one particular item or they can learn to cope or find a suitable alternative. That is part of living in a foreign environment. There are many things I find here that I don't find in my home country and vice versa but rather than having the mentality that I can't live without it, I have learned to adapt. HK is very cosmopolitan. You won't be living in primitive conditions here at all.

reei is offline Registered User
    can't get Blackmores Pregnancy & Breastfeeding vitamins...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Scroll to top