Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3.5 months teething

adahc is offline Registered User

Unhappy 3.5 months teething

My 3.5 months old son seems to be teething which is abit too soon I think. But he dribbles a lot, sucks his hand all day, becomes very fussy and even sucks his arm till bruise.
    I tried buying the teething toy but he doesn't seem to like them. What should I do? I'm going out of my mind now because I'm about to atttend baby massage course on Wednesday. What if he scream non stop? Should I go or just leave it?

Neha is offline Banned
    U can use teething gel to soothe him, but our son was also irritable at that age and we thought it was teething but it was not. he didnt get his 1st tooth till 10 1/2 months.We also used to give him Homeopathy medicine for teething from 4 months of age. check if his gums are swollen to know for sure that he is teething.

Best of luck

Neha is offline Banned
    Baby massage i think u should just go

Thanks for your answer. As a new mum I'm always nervouse when he screams in public let alone in a small class. It's quite worrying that he managed to buised himself by sucking on his arm.I might just take him to the doctor. Also does anyone know how long this fussy teething period last? A week? A month? It's been about 5 days now an my life is over!

Where do you get the Homeopathy medicine for teething?

Neha is offline Banned
    we actually get it from India, But u can check with IMI or Bumps to Babes has some teething powder
    Teething can go on for a while but once the tooth comes out a little they are less irritating but as they grew they will get more teeth so each time a tooth is coming they can get fussy

Best of luck

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by adahc View Post
    T As a new mum I'm always nervouse when he screams in public let alone in a small class. It's quite worrying that he managed to buised himself by sucking on his arm.I might just take him to the doctor. Also does anyone know how long this fussy teething period last? A week? A month? It's been about 5 days now an my life is over!
    With my kids (now 10 and 12) they would be fussy whenever they cut a new tooth. So, there were intermittent periods of hell for us between 4 months & about 16 months.

If your child tends to swallow his or her drool, nappy rash may develop as well. For us, the red bottom was a sign that a new tooth was about to erupt.

fennho is offline Registered User
    hi adahc

Oh my god..my gal is also hvg the same symptoms! To top it off, for the past 3days she has been crying like she is in pain and she kept flicking both her ears..I dunno if its ear infection (I would know tom cos bringing her to see a doc) or teething cos both hv "ear pulling" cries as symptoms. She also woke up twice yday night when she is already sleeping thru the nights awhile back. My mom kept saying its too early for her to hv any symptoms and her gums hv no trace of a tooth at all..

Is it common for babies to start having teething signs at 4mths? And if it is teething signs, will she hv to endure these bouts of pain ALL the way till the tooth erupts (and that's when shes, what TEN months old???)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast