Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

please help my fiance needs visa

nataliekaye is offline Registered User

please help my fiance needs visa

hi im hong kong resident my fiance british citizen come hong kong in november for 6 months now he has to leave in may 23rd we try extend his visa but even though i am 4 months pregnant just gve him 3 more weeks here. We want baby born in Hong kong . does anyone know how he can get his visa for 4 more months without having go back uk? any advice greatly appreciated

jools is offline Registered User
    I may be completely wrong, but can't he just exit Hong Kong to somewhere like Macau and come back into Hong Kong for six months on another holiday visa.

I know that this use to be the case, as a friend of mine who wasn't married use to do this regularly.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    You can try what Jools suggested but it is hit and miss.

I know people who have been going to Macau, other places in Asia just to renew their holiday visas for years. And they have got away with it.

I know others who have done it once and twice, and then been blacklisted by immigration and told that they were on their last holiday visa, and next time would not be allowed in.

Here are the options,
    - He finds a job with a company willing to sponsor him and his work visa
    - You get married

Are you a permanent HK resident? If so then there may be some way that you can sponsor his visa to stay, however you will have to show that you can financially support him.

Good Luck!

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    You could marry him and then apply for a dependent's visa for him.

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_1.htm#residence

and information about applying is here: http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4_2.htm#3

I switched from an employment visa to a dependent's visa after I married an HK guy. Then 3 years later I applied for "unconditional stay" and after 7 years, I got premanent residency.

Here's information about how to get married: http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/bdmreg_4.htm

You have to "give notice of intention to marry" before you can get married (in the old days, this was called "posting the banns"). The notification has to be 15 "clear days" before the marriage.

I think now you can book online for a time & place to get married (when I got married it was still paper-based).

The civil ceremony is simple, quick, but still rather moving. I still treasure memories of that day and I love my lougung even more today than the day we got married at San Po Kong Magistracy (now torn down).

nataliekaye is offline Registered User
    thank you so much for your help. we are applying to get married now but i think we wont have time to get him a visa. just we are applying for me to get a visa in u.k and we have to wait 6 months before i can live there so if he could get another 6 months holiday visa that would be great. Thanks again

shoni is offline Registered User
    My hubby travels in and out no residence visa and all is well. A trip to Macau will do it. Don't worry.

Neha is offline Banned
    but your husband may be lucky after a while the immigration officer is bound to ask him why does he keep coming back so often. If u do it once or twice it is fine but not for ever.