Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

going on Holiday with a 1 year old

welshdad is offline Registered User

going on Holiday with a 1 year old

my wife and I have a young daughter (our first) who'll be one year old this summer. we'd like to take her on a short holiday with us, but are quite unsure where or what type of holiday to book.

ideally i guess it'd be a small villa somewhere in asia which could also accommodate our maid, but maybe we can consider a resort.

can anyone recommend travel agents who are good with baby-friendly accommodation or can give us some suggestions on any good locations.

finally any general advice on things that we should think about when taking our baby away for the first time. as we are new parents often the smallest things seem quite daunting..........

many thanks

joannek is offline Registered User
    i highly recommend the shangri-la in cebu, philippines.

search on geobaby forum re: travelling with babies/children for the first time & cebu. you'll find lots of thread on it. that's probably why you're not getting any response on this thread yet, cos there are already so many threads re: travelling with baby.

cwbmum is offline Registered User
    Hi
    I was also going to say the Sharnri-la too.
    http://www.shangri-la.com/en/property/cebu/mactanresort
    We had a great time there.
    We use Charlotte Travel for our bookings.
    http://www.charlottetravel.com.hk/
    I use a lady called Alby, she always gets back to us straight away with flight quotes, packages etc.

Going away with your first is always a little worrying, you will have a great time though. The resort has many pools, nice beach, there is even an indoor playroom for kids. The good thing is that its only 15 minutes away from the airport.

Enjoy your trip.

welshdad is offline Registered User
    ok thanks for responses i'll check up some previous posts and look into the shangri-la

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    We liked the Shangri-la at Kota Kinabalu and the one in Singapore (Rasa Sentosa resort, not the main one on Orange Grove). Both were very kid friendly and our LO was around one for both of those trips. Both trips were for long weekends.
    But I wouldn't be worried about bringing her anywhere. Our LO (not 2 yet) has been to Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and the USA and we have never had a problem with him. Sometimes he is on the go for days, sometimes weeks. You do need to bring a few toys and books and you have to be mindful of his schedule but we've never had any major hassles. Bring plenty of diapers so you can survive the plane trip and the first few hours at the new place; a change of clothes for the plane; something to suck on for takeoffs and landings. Really probably not as hard as you are imagining.
    Last edited by Sleuth; 04-22-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: added the second part