Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Not allowed to take photos in Elements

Neha is offline Banned

Not allowed to take photos in Elements

Hi

We were at the Elements mall yesterday for lunch with some friends and my husband was taking pics of our son running around above where there are all the restaurants. The guard informed us that we were not allowed to take photos there. Asking him why he said company policy. Does such a law exists? We were not taking pics of their property just our son running around. We have taken pics at Pacific mall no problem there.

Neha

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Elements would be classed as private property so they have to right to stop you from taking photos. It's standard practice, you could be the competition wanting to take photos so you can copy what they've done.

snagito is offline Registered User
    Hi Neha

Just came across this and thought you would enjoy it!

http://rolandlim.wordpress.com/2007/...-photograhers/

Neha is offline Banned
    Thanks Snagito but according to the above article u are allowed to take pics of people like your family and not of the structure. Anyway weird rule and i dont think the architecture is that great that people will copy it

snagito is offline Registered User
    Yes, I totally agree!! I really don't understand why they are so bothered about us taking photos of the kids there. We had the same experience and were quite horrified at the security guards tone - our son actually started crying as he thought he had done something wrong :-(

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    hahahaha The same thing happened to us when we were using the pedestrian bridge from the Landmark Mandarin to the building opposite (which crosses over Queens Rd. Central).

My daughters were running around and I thought they looked so cute, I whipped out my camera and started to take pics (Of them) This woman came FLYING out of nowhere and said "NO PHOTOS ALLOWED!" in a very loud voice. I said "Why? I'm not taking photos of anything but my children". She said "SORRY NO PHOTOS ALLOWED". I said OK I'll stop taking photos. She then said "SORRY" THREE times and then I said "OK, you can stop saying Sorry" and then she said (you guessed it) "SORRY". I just started laughing. I felt like I was in a Fawlty Towers episode hahahaha.

When I looked at the photos afterwards, you couldn't even tell where my daughters were as I was standing up and shooting down at them.....