Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Baby wakes up - shud I feed her??

wasabibunny is offline Registered User
    Hi fennho, I remember when we were in the same posts waiting for our babies to come! It's over 3 months already... how quickly time flies! My son is almost 3m 2w and almost 7kg. Before his recent growth spurt, he was sleeping 7pm-5or5am. But for the past couple of weeks he's been sleeping 6:30pm-7am but wakes up twice to feed. I know he's hungry because even at night he eats from both breasts and goes right back to sleep. He is barely awake but just wants to eat. I also notice that he is a lot busier in the day time and might be nursing less in the day and making up for it at night. I nurse my son to sleep but he does to sleep pretty easily. I just close the blinds and nurse him and he'll know it's bed time. I can even vary the time a little bit. As long as it's around the time and it's dark he will know. Also, I find that it's so much easier for get him to bed if he's nursed. If I nurse him and pat him to bed he wakes up for easily. But honestly he last few weeks have been tiring since he is waking up more and becoming a very light sleeper. But like the other moms say, if they are just awake and happy I would let them fall back to sleep by themselves. Otherwise, I enjoy the night feeds.

fennho is offline Registered User
    barbwong
    I would really love to attend the LLL meetings but unfortunately I noted the meetings time is always in the morning from 10am and that's usually my gal's bath time.. I stay in the Kowloon side and she usually wakes up around 8-9am feed and bath, calculated and realized its gonna be tough to be there..furthermore I'm not familiar with the HK island at all.

Wasabibunny!
    yes I rem our jan-mar postings as well! Looking back time flies, but for me it moved so slowly cos I had a horrible confinement. Anyway, congrats on ur cute bb! On the issue being discussed, well I enjoy nursing my gal too but can I ask if u also nurse ur boy to sleep even for his daytime naps or is it only to nights? I only nurse my gal to sleep at night becos funnily enough, she didn't go to sleep or stay asleep if I try it for her her daytime naps! I hv a headache of how to make her stay asleep in the day. She has 3 naps in the day, each one lasts for max 1hour IF I'm lucky, dats why by 6-ish, she will starts to get cranky and demands to be wiped down for her bedtime. Like your son, my gal is starting to sleep earlier & earlier. Due to the Asian working culture, this has resulted in my hubby not coming home in time to play or hv at bonding time with her at all unless he comes home on the dot at 7pm and even then only manage to catch her wipe-down session and bedtime aft that! I am wondering if I shud delay her bedtime abit so that her daddy can spend some time with her..sigh..anyway, becos its so near her bedtime, he can't really play with her too as we r also afraid of overstimulating her. Ok, I digressed from the title of my discussion but oh well, these are the probs I'm facing right now.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Our next LLL gathering is this afternoon (Tuesday) in Starbucks in Alexandar House in Central. It starts at 2:30 pm this afternoon.

This is very easy to get to feom West Kowloon - just take the MTR to Hong Kong station (1 stop), walk through the station to the Central exits (no need to even go to street level). It is easiest to take exit E or exit F and then cross the road to enter Alendandra House. Starbucks is on the second floor.

Best wishes,
    SARAH
    La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    I would feed my babies to sleep if I was with them and it was convenient – it was the easiest way for me to get them to sleep. I’ve always found it really difficult to keep babies asleep if I move them. So I’d feed them to sleep in the middle of our double bed and roll away. It left the baby fast asleep on the bed and not woken up when I moved them from my arms to their bed.

My babies would also fall asleep in the sling and when they were a little older (over one year) in the pushchair too. Other people who looked after my babies would get them to sleep in different ways, for example my husband would put them on his shoulder and talk them to sleep but I always fed them.

I find it hard to understand your reasons for not going out. I’m the sort of person who would do what I want and the baby tagged along. So if I wanted to go out to a meeting or meet friends then I’d go and bath the baby at a different time. In fact if the baby hadn’t woken up get I’d take a sleeping baby out in the sling and dress her later when she did woke up. This may sound crazy to you but when you get more than one child it becomes a necessity.

Sarah
    I noted the meeting today and actually planned to go,,,perhaps I might but I hv a scheduled slot today with the PD as my gal has been hvg this bouts of crying that seems to be in pain so I'm bringing her to see the pd to clear at other possible reasons..our timing is at 1130 (who is also at Central!) but Im not sure if its a good idea to stay out for so long till 230 AND attend the meeting.

Barbwong
    perhaps u find it hard to accept my reasons, initially I find it hard too cos in my previous life I am ALSO a getup-and-go person and before I gave birth, I also think I would be like u, maintain the same spirit. This is not a defensive excuse but perhaps u're lucky enough to be blessed with such flexi babies. My gal is a very light sleeper. If I do wat u did, she will get very agitated. She won't sleep on the stroller and I tried puttng her in and go out anyway, hoping she'll get use to it..but alas the consequence I get is her rfusing to sleep for the entire time we r outsde or sleep very little (cos she wakes up easily and startled easily) and gets very cranky when I get home due to insuffcient sleep. I hv tried (based on diferent suggestions and and advices) to persist andjus contd but she'd cry every time, so now I limit her outins to short ones like 1-2 hour and try to ensure she gets enough sleep otherwise the vicious cycle continues...I know babies cry but mine also got additional prob - reflux so if I let her cry, she'd throw up. Which is why u see my other posting Baby Routne vs Outings. Lots of pple told me to be patient till bb is older..I'm still waitng.

Sarah
    if I'm BRAVE enough to stay tat long, how do I attend the meeting? Jus turn up? How do I identify the group?

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Have you considered making two trips to Central? One in the morning and then returning home for lunch and out again in the afternoon? It takes less than 10 minutes to get from West Kowloon to Central – it would be possible to go back home again.

We usually try to sit on the settees near the glass windows in Starbucks. I will take an A4 size LLL logo with me and put it on the table. It is sometimes difficult to find me if you come at the beginning but if you come a little late you can usually tell from the number of babies there.

Best wishes,
    SARAH
    La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

adahc is offline Registered User
    Do you come to Discovery ay as well?Do we have to pay to join the group?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast