Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Baby wakes up - shud I feed her??

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    We have meeting in both Discovery Bay and Tung Chung.
    The next ones are:

Tea Break
    Zaks, Waterfront, Discovery Bay
    Wednesday 7th May 10:00 am – 12:00 noon

Breastfeeding Support Meeting
    Flat G, 8/F, Tower 6, Caribbean Coast, Tung Chung 2257-6757
    Wednesday 21st May10:00 am - 12:00 noon

All our meetings are free and it is not necessary to be a member to join our meetings. Of course we do encourage membership as money from memberships and donations are our major sources of revenue.

The format for the support meetings is similar. We spend the first part of the meeting discussing the meeting title topic and the second part of the meeting the topics which the mothers attending bring up. Thus every meeting is different depending on the needs of the mothers there.

The LLL Tea Break format tends to be more social although lots of breastfeeding questions are answered too. It is more like a cocktail format where we split into smaller groups because of the venue. We hope the Tea Breaks will encourage new mothers to get out and about with their breastfeeding baby. You can be sure of a supportive environment if you are breastfeeding in public for the first time.

We also have a prenatal breastfeeding class available in both English and Cantonese. The cost is $400.

For meeting details please visit our web site, http://www.lllhk.org/Meetings.html

The article Why La Leche League? http://www.wiessinger.baka.com/bfing/others/whylll.html
    gives a nice description of why our meetings may be helpful to attend.

Best wishes,
    SARAH
    La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

fennho is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL_Sarah View Post
    If when you baby wakes up she will go back to sleep by herself then I’d let her to that.

If, however, by leaving her she will wake herself up completely then I’d quickly feed her back to sleep. Generally if a baby wakes up but is still very sleep they only need a few minutes of feeding to get them to sleep again. This means that everyone’s sleep is disturbed only slightly. If the baby gets to the cryinguyy stage it tends to mean a much long feed to settle the baby down again.

This is one of the beauties of breastfeeding – that it gets the baby to sleep – use it to your advantage.
    q
    Best wishes,
    SARAH
    Hi Sarah
    I know and agree with what u said about putting babies to sleep as being one of the beauties of BF but its the getting them to STAY asleep is the difficult part...I hv to nurse until she's in deep sleep if I pull away before she goes into deep sleep mode, she'll wake up! Now she wants comfort suck in the day and I end up hvg her nurse for over an hour jus to make her stay asleep for her naps. Desperate mommy calls for desperate measures!

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    I recommend that you read the book, No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley.
    It is available at http://www.shopinhk.com/the-no-cry-s...-t-pr-290.html

We also have three copies in the LLL-HK library; contact Maggie 2817-7475 if you’d like to borrow one. We do ask that you join LLL-HK to borrow books. The membership form is available on our web site, www.lllhk.org – click the menu under “join”

If you don’t have time to read a book (not uncommon for a new mums) you can try listening to the LLLI podcast instead.

Elizabeth Pantley - The No-Cry Sleep Solution (#15, July 2005)
    Elizabeth Pantley explains the No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers. Pantley is the author of six books, including Gentle Baby Care, and Perfect Parenting: the Dictionary of 1000 Tips. (23 min.)
    (url: http://www.llli.org//mp3/LLL_podcast...epSolution.mp3)

This is actually about getting older babies to sleep but many of the principles are the same for younger babies.

Post script: We are holding a conference in February 2009 and Elizabeth Pantley will be one of our main speakers.

Best wishes,
    SARAH
    La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

hi mommies
    I started this thread wondering about whether I shud my gal to sleep. I'm doing dat now...but lately she has been getting up at 4-ish, I'd feed her but she doesn't go to sleep anymore! In the past she'd nursed and sleep soon after but of late aft nursing she'd stop, pull away and jus look at me. Refusing to latch on any further, I had to rock her in my arms in order to get her back to sleep. Is it becos I pick her up too late and she's too wide awake?

When my hubby tried taking over to rock she'd smile at him, keep quiet for awhile, stare at him for a few mins, then its as if she doesn't want to fall asleep in his arms so she'd wriggle and arch to get out and cry as loud as she can, its like those temper throwing cries! When my dejected hubby passed her back to me her eyes are almost closed and she kept quiet immediately! Then she'd make grumbling sounds like "uh uh uh" and promptly fall asleep. Wat is going on?

carang is offline Registered User
    every child goes through stages, just when you think you've mastered one, it's gone and a new one rears its head!

tell your hubby not to worry. it is a phase and will pass.

there are days that my 15 month old still only wants mummy. it's perfectly normal.

don't always think that you are doing something wrong.... you're not!

Yesterday night, as usual around 4-ish, my gal wakes up...actually she didnt wakeup fully yet, was tossing her head around and making some noise, so instead of letting her wakeup fully like in previous nights, i quickly picked her up and nursed her. True enough, she didnt even open and her eyes and latched on. Aft about 20mins, her whole body went limp and appeared to be in deep sleep. So i gently put her back into the cot, and voila, her eyes popped open!

She didnt cry though. Jus looked around her cot and played her own hands. I sat and watched for a bit, then i laid down on my bed (next to her cot) and watched her from the cracks of the cot bumper. She was playing silently, then a bit of babble. But no cries. After about 1 hour, she fell back asleep on her own!

I'm not sure if i'm doing the right thing by letting her play and fall asleep on her own..cos 1hour is a bit long, rite? One of the reasons i'm against letting babies cry it out for sleep-training is becos i'm a believer in the theory that when babies cry and self soothe, they are thinking they got abandoned and no one is going to come to them, hence they will learn to self soothe and go to sleep. My gal didnt cry but i dunno if she would also think i'm not there for her? Shud i at least pat her and help her to go back to sleep faster?

I'm sorry if this question might be silly to some veteran mommies out there...but yah, jus wondering... :P

carang is offline Registered User
    it would probably get her thinking that it is play time.

if she isn't crying, leave her be.

carang
    the entire room was dark and she didn't really play alot, jus kept turning her head to the left & right looking for thngs to see and then played with her hands abit.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast