Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Digital scrapbooking

mintycat is offline Registered User

Digital scrapbooking

Who is into it? I am just learning it on my own and am finding it so much fun but a bit daunting too. Where can I buy programs for this? I am using Photoshop but would like to buy books and CD-roms with nice patterns, alphabets etc. Is there a course I can take?

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    I have only seen courses on scrapbooking where they show you how to do things with actual materials, not digital scrapbooking. I have seen advertisement in scrapbooking magazines for CD roms, but am unsure which one is good. Am sure you will be able to get the CD roms from Amazon.

rebekah is offline Registered User
    I use a website called picaboo.com for our photbooks. you can arrange the photos basically any way you want, they come out with new stuff every friday, TONS of backgrounds, etc. and their print quality is exceptional. sadly, it doesn't work with mac unless you have windows running on it. I use mac's version at Christmas and was a bit disappointed at the print quality, but only when compared with the ones I made at picaboo. I like the do like the dust jacket feature mac offers...

mintycat is offline Registered User
    thanks! I will check the site out. I bought a digital scrapbooking book at Page One yesterday and it comes with a CD rom with lots of nice templates. I had fun all of last night after the kids went to bed! Now I am addicted. I also bought a Photoshop for Dummies book, lol. I want to make my own holiday cards etc once I am familiar with photoshop. I also found some good websites if anyone is interested.

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/default.asp
    www.scrapbook.com