Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Baby Carriers - Beco or Ergo??

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I've heard the goods about Ergo..but the only concern I have is the baby won't be able to do front facing!

So, i found this one really like Ergo, it's called Pikkolo by Catbird baby. You can buy it through an online shop from Macau, they'll ship it to HK.

CYBERFISH88 - they sell many slings too, check it out!

mrstee is offline Registered User

Cyberfish88 - You can get them through La Leche League ( or from The Maya wraps that LLL sells are just a pricey version of the bfmoms wraps. They all do the same thing.

I bought mine from who purchased from But the tags on the bfmoms site look a bit different so I'm not sure who she sources from now.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong, Mid Levels
    The other option is a portamee. It's a hip carrier that goes up to 16kgs but the thing that I like is you can do away with a bag if need be. It has a clip on insulated bottle carrier, a large pouch for money with two compartments that's easy to access, a pack at the back large enough for a diaper or two, small amount of food / formula, a place for your phone and a place to clip some toys onto. Great for shopping if you are going to be coming home with bags.

wasabibunny is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    This is a great website for different kinds of slings and you can even make your own. I made me own wrap sling from bed sheet (literally) and I LOVE it. It distribute the weight similarly to the Ergo because the wrap goes around your hips. And honestly if you buy some fabric from the market in Central, it's a very inexpensive option.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    North Point
    I just read that some of the Beco baby carriers have been recalled in the US - here's a link:

Here's a quote from the article:

"This recall involes the Beco Baby Butterfly Carriers, sold in the following patterns: Mia, Pony Express, Carnival, Addison, Ethan, Sophia, Cameron, Avak, and Joshua. A black label is sewn onto the outside of the carrier. A green "b" logo is printed on the left side of the label and a picture of a butterfly is on the right."

I don't know if those are the types you're talking about, but I just thought I'd let you know just in case!!

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Two of the reasons we sell the Mayawarp slings are:
    * we like the fabric
    * each sling comes with a DVD explaining how to use it.

Mayawrap also have a web page which explains how to make your own slings,

I know quite a few mothers who have found their own fabric and done this. (One I really liked was a sling made from army camouflage material - the father looked really proud when he was carrying the baby.) If you find a fabric you like but don’t feel up to making the sling a dressmaker will be able to follow the instruction and make it for you.

Best wishes,
    La Leche League Leader

m2cw2mhk is offline Registered User
    WanChai, HK
    Any more feedback on the Beco? I am hearing really good things about it from my friends back in the States, but have tried on a friend's Ergo and that seems really good.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I couldn't do without the Ergo, personally speaking. I have a big monkey of a baby and he loves snuggling in there...the fact that he can't face front has not really bothered him because there's enough space so he can twist around to look about, but then push his face into my chest if he finds it all a bit much. The weight is distributed really well, and what I also like is that there is a really handy pocket for mobile phones, credit card, a bit of cash etc as well as a D ring to hang keys. Comes with instructional DVD.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast