Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Baby Carriers - Beco or Ergo??

curiousmummy is offline Registered User
    anyone tried the baby bjorn synergy carrier? Does this solve the back problems or is ergo still better?

rebekah is offline Registered User
    the bj?rn only goes to a certain weight limit, i think. The ergo can still be used when your kid is 2 or even older.

xxJJxxx is offline Registered User

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah View Post
    the bj?rn only goes to a certain weight limit, i think. The ergo can still be used when your kid is 2 or even older.
    After reading so much rave about Ergo and BECO , i decided to buy two and test them out together with my husband..! Yes, two ! I got it with a steal from my friend who carries a few sets from her trip every now and then and sell in HK ;p

My personal experiences:
    ERGO..really featherlight compared to Bjorn and Combi but only more for babies below 10kg thou the claim was prolong for till toddler. The waist padding seems to have worn out becoming thinner when my baby reaches 8kg now.

BECO: very stylish and comfortable as usual with Ergo and also the design for waist strapped behind seems to make us look slimmer from the back! ( accordingly to the Daddy! )
    I am carrying my coming 9kg baby with BECO and really it felt so secured with the extra double click lock on the shoulders..

mcdill is offline Registered User
    I have the new Ergo performance and it is even lighter than the original Ergo.

Baby Bjorn has the new Comfort Carrier which is supposed to go up to 14kg/31 pounds.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    McDill--How are the shoulder straps on the new ergo performance? They look less padded so was just worried about the comfort factor. I have the older sport carrier and we love it, but looking to upgrade when we have #2 in April.

mcdill is offline Registered User
    They are less padded (main reason why the new version is lighter) but still comfortable.
    More detailed review/comparison available here:
    http://theshoppingmama.com/2010/09/e...er-comparison/

freddiebiscuit is offline Registered User
    I chose the BECO carrier over the Ergo because it is more like a backback - the child has material in front as well as behind him/her. Once you undo the waist strap on the Ergo, the child comes out. With the BECO, the child remains in the carrier until you undo the straps and take him out. I found it easier to put my daughter on my back with the BECO because of this feature (you just swing them around gently onto your back). I tried an Ergo this summer and didn't like how the waist strap buckles on the side and found the whole carrier quite bulky. I guess you get used to what ever carrier you choose! They both have good reputations and both are excellent carriers!
    I've used my BECO for my first child until I got too pregnant with my second child to wear it comfortably. I now use the same carrier with my son, who is about 20 pounds. I still, on rare occassion, put my 30 pound daughter on my back in my BECO and she's comfortable and I can carry her for an hour or so hiking/walking. My carrier is showing wear (fading...), but it's still quite comfy to wear and I think it will last until my son outgrows it.

1sttimemom is offline Registered User
    I have the BECO Gemini. I haven't used it too much yet, but I really like it so far. I bought it because not only is it more stylish than the Ergo (I was a sucker for its prints), it allows me to carrier my daughter facing in, facing out, on the hip and on my back.

Noticed great reviews about the BECO though far fewer than the Ergo, but I attributed this difference to the global availability of the Ergo. They are everywhere!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast