Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Spit Up and Sleeping Positions

adahc is offline Registered User
    What is IMI?

tikkunolam is offline Registered User
    Integrated Medicine Institute

http://www.imi.com.hk/

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User
    Adahc, Did you give your son medicine for the reflux? And did it help?

Frenchy, What kind of treatments did the osteopath do?

adahc is offline Registered User
    No I don't give him anything.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Well... I'm not a pro, so I just could say that she was doing gentle pressure in the back of the crane, also on the head (the bones are not attached yet and easy to move), in order to release the muscles at the base of the head, and also on his diaphragm.
    It seems like she was doing nothing, but I could see my son was getting tired, and it's better not to do everything in only one session as it's a lot of changes in his little body.
    My son reacted very well (he was 3 months old at that time). The second time she even massaged him while I was BF him, as he was a bit grumpy.
    I liked it also because she asks a lot of good questions.
    On the other side, I've also had an appointment with the homeopath, and he give him some drops during a week.
    The two together was just the perfect solution for my baby.

I hope you can also find your perfect solution !

torak is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    My baby had reflux too. She was on a medication called Zantac that really hlped. She used to spit up pretty frequently. Sometimes even after about 2 or 3 hours after the feed. I was advised by a lor of people to switch to formula , but i stuck my guns and kept her on breast milk all along.

We used a reflux pillow that is avaible in the U.s but they wont ship it to hongkong I found out. SO i had one made specaially for my baby . Its like a cheese wedge. My baby is now 8 months old and does not suffer from reflux anymore.

The pillow costed me hk$ 800 but I can sell it to you for hkd 500 if you like. My baby hardly used the pillow as her reflux and spitting up had improved a lot so its brand new with a washable cover. U can have a look at the pillow on the web - just google AR PILLOW .

I used to carry my baby upright after each feed for at least one hour and that really helped. I wish I had gotten this pillow from the start . Anyways happy to answer any more questions you may have coz I have tried many other things to stop the spitting up !

Regards, Binny

kellyst is offline Registered User
    same problem, our paed put him on Zantac, which helped a lot. he's still on the med at 5 mths now. she also gave us WindDrops, which could help them burp better. but check with your paed to see if these would be good.

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User
    Hi Binny and kellyst,

At what age did you start giving them Zantac? And for how long? I wasn't so hot on giving her medication this early but now I am quite concerned about her reflux....I can see her struggling with spit up in her throat and I think it is throwing off her eating. I guess I better head to the pediatrician...

Binny, thanks for the offer of the pillow. let me see how this week goes and I will let you know. I have a modified pillow here that kind of works but then I find she also spits up even when vertical. BTW, I notice you live in Tung Chung...do you ever attend the LLL tea breaks there? I am in Mui Wo and may go to the next TC one.

Cathy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast