Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone here can comment on York kindergarten?

mosmom is offline Registered User
    Do give them a phone call ahead, so they can prepare for your visit! You should make an appointment, as sometimes the school has special events going on and would not be able to serve potential applicants.

TayTay is offline Registered User
    We live in West Kowloon too, and considered York at one stage. Went for the interview with my daughter, and was very impressed with the things the Principal talked about. Really really liked her and her views on education and bringing up children in today's world. Got accepted by the school, and then invited with other parents for class tour and observation. Think this is a standard procedure. This is where my impression on the school changed. Maybe it wasn't what I was looking for personally. Found the school quite old, very much geared for Cantonese speaking families that wanted their children to get a good start in English. The school prides itself for the English standards and their high pass rate for the Cambridge English tests. May have misunderstood them but think they said the NET staff would only be there twice a week. Otherwise the rest of the English classes are conducted by non-native teachers. Thought the school was a more local school set-up, and I guess this is what made me decide it wasn't appropriate for our daughter.

papaof2 is offline Registered User
    Most kindergartens welcome visiting. However, many in Kowloon Tong don't allow visitors. The most common reply/excuse is lessons are on-going and they do not have anyone to show you around. Some will tell you to visit the school's website instead.

The best is to wait until the school has an open day or make an appointment.

cmnd is offline Registered User
    Hi I am also in the process of searching for kindergarten for my son. Has anyone heard of Kentville Kindergarten? If so what are you comments about it?

Are there any other local kindergarten in Kowloon anyone would recommend?

Thanks!

gelshocker is offline Registered User
    Are we talking about York International, or York English Primary and Kindergarten? I assume York English Pri & Kg to teach Cantonese and Mandarin (as well as English).

Is York any different to Kentville, as I heard Kentville is just a 'tough' in the style of primary school teaching. Is it true that Kentville require dictation of 4 times a month by K2?? Thanks.

washford is offline Registered User
    Is York International activity or tranditional based teaching?
    Any comments for their International KG? Our daughter been accpeted for next year international K1, need to know more from experienced parents (not only from the school side) before making this big decision. Thanks!

lottieclee is offline Registered User
    I went to York International and Stanford (mind you they are actually both York!) last year for an interview with my son, we were offered a place in both schools. However, we were not thrilled about the school. At the interview, they made on parent stay with the child while the other have to listen to the principal praising the high english standard and cambridge test results for the children. The worst part... the presentation for both schools were IDENTICAL!

It's a local school... we have decided it's not a school for our little one, so we looked elsewhere. We need a school that is not reciting and copying all the time but allow creativity during structured play.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12