Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1 year old birthday party

cary is offline Registered User

1 year old birthday party

My baby is turning 1 in next month. I want to organize a birthday party for him. I understand it may sound silly for some parents since my baby won't remember much about it. But as parents, I do want to make this day a special that I can share all the memories with my baby when he grows up. It's also a first birthday that I organize for my son.

Can any experience parents here share how I can organize this? Any suggestion for venue? I plan to invite 10-15 some friends/relatives' babies. I heard about Wise Kids at Cyberport, Kindermusik, Gymboree, MyGym etc. Which one would you recommend?

Thanks much for your inputs.

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User
    Cary,
    having a b'day party for your son it's not silly idea at all. Our friends & I all had one for our children. But we shared ours in a friends club house.

But we attended a few at Kidermusik, Little Gym and JWT Kids Gym. And we highly recommend JWT cause all the children loved JWT since they design the program to match the age group and they have many facilities for bb whom can't walk yet.

Neha is offline Banned
    Wise kids birthday parties are nice as they give u 1 hour play time in their play area but probably your child and his friends will not enjoy it as much as older kids . Probably Kindermusik we attended one recently also for a year old child and it seemed fun for the birthday girl

Bad luck! I have called JWT Kids Gym, Gymboree, Kindermusik and Wise Kids. They are all FULL. Any other recommendation?

Thanks!!!

spockey is offline Registered User
    What about Disney Resort breakfast/dinner with the Disney Stars i.e. Mickey, Goofy,... etc.?

carang is offline Registered User
    would you be willing to trek to tsing yi? if so, i may have a space that you can rent for a couple of hours. it is a village house that i have turned into a playgroup. there are many toys that the kids would have access to and i know that 1 year olds like it as the playgroup starts at 10 months. you would have access to the space and all toys. there are two toilets, a small fridge and a microwave. it is decorated for kids and there is a "bedroom" that has tables if you wanted to lay food out.

only thing is that it wouldn't accomodate 15 kids plus parents. 10 kids would be about max....

if you are interested, please let me know. it is only available on sundays.

thanks,
    cara

I and most friends/relatives live in HK Island. It may be tough for all of us go to Tsing Yi. Thanks for your offer!

carang is offline Registered User
    if you change your mind it's only about 2 minutes by taxi from the mtr station.

i hope you find something!
    good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast