Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

a day at DB

joannek is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Smile a day at DB

Hey guys, i'm planning a visit to DB on the holiday on Mon, 12th May. what's there to do with a 3-yr old girl? where to have a nice lunch, children friendly & good food? planning to go mid-morning, have lunch & spend the afternoon. Never bn to DB, pls advise. =)

shoni is offline Registered User
    Hi there,

Zaks on the waterfront very near to the ferry pier is child friendly with a little play area, also has very good food and the service has recently improved a lot.

Then you will probably head to the beach for the afternoon, or when you get there although it may be a little busy. There is a childrens play ground at the far end of the beach.

The centre, the plaza will also be full of families and there is likely to be some event happening family orientated, although I don't know what, in the plaza too.

Hope this helps.

jools is offline Registered User
    Discovery Bay
    Shoni's rights Zaks is excellent for kids, but there are lots of restaurants in the Waterfront and as DB is full of children, the restaurants are used to having them around.

There is also the residents club at Siena which has some great swimming pools. As a non-member you can pay at the desk and use the pools, I think it's HK$50 each. Just jump on the number 9bus from the plaza. The main residents club at the plaza also has a pool, but it's not as good as those at Club Siena.

Hope you have a great day. DB is full with kids so I'm sure your little girl will find some new friends.

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    i thought it was $100 each for the pools? maybe i'm wrong.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Discovery Bay, Hong Kong
    No is $50 per person on weekdays.
    100$ per person on saturdays.

Non members can NOT use the pools on Sundays and public holidays, i.e. Mon 12th

If you'd like to do something different you can get a hire car from the plaza to take you to the lookout, you can have a walk around there (if a clear day there are great views of HK), and make a stop at the rock pools which are clean enough to sit, paddle, play in!

You could also get the number 9 bus to Siena Park, and feed the fish in the lake. There's also a playground there and lots of grass for playing and picnicing.

Then there's the beach too.

syuan is offline Registered User
    Are children allowed to ride their tricycles or training bikes along the beach area? Or is there another area that has a designated bike path?

Scroll to top