Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pregnant again after C-Sec

Canucker is offline Registered User

Pregnant again after C-Sec

Hi All,

I just discovered yesterday I am 5 weeks pregnant. My daughter just turned 7 months and 1 week. I had an emerg c-sec with her back in September. I'm just wondering if anyone else here got pregnant again quickly after a c-sec and if you had any problems or if your pregnancy went along with ease. I am out of HK at the moment but will go to the dr. when I return in a few weeks.

Thanks in advance!
    Canucker

rach is offline Registered User
    Hi Canucker - Congrats!! I found out I was pregnant when my no 1 was about 9 months and also had emergency c section. I'm due any day now and am going to try for a natural birth if I can so no problems. I had the docs check my scar etc and they say all fine but of course you never know until the day. I have heard some people are told to wait a year after c section but my doc never said that and although we didn't plan to get pregnant so soon and it was a shock the doc did not seem at all concerned (I have seen DR ghosh for this pregnancy). All is going well - I have had some aches around the scar but the doc said that is normal but I had to take it easy (hard looking after 17month old but I just rest most days when he does and that is all) but I have no pain now and almost due so it is not bad at all.

Good Luck

sherwes is offline Registered User
    Hi, I had a C section six months ago. At the time I asked my doctor if I had to wait for a while before getting pregnant again and he said that I didn't. Just note though that my C section was not an emergency one so there may have been less trauma than with an emergency c section.
    Good luck with your pregnancy!

Canucker is offline Registered User
    Rach and Sherwas,

Thanks so much for your feedback! Like you rach, we didn't plan to get pregnant so soon (and my husband still does not know) but after reading both posts I feel a lot better. I am out of HK for another two weeks visiting family with my 7-month old daughter and don't want to share the great news with my husband until I am back in HK where he is right now.

When my daughter was born I went through QM. And while my experience there was very good, with the exception of a few "cultural" bumps/misunderstandings along the way, I will certainly go back there and have my second child through the public system... but will consult a "western" dr. if there are any precautions I should take b/c of my c-sec just back in September.

Thanks again!
    Canucker