Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Moving to HK @ 23weeks.. need advice and help!

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    Dr Sally Ferguson's standard consultation fee is $975HKD. You can contact her at OT&P Wan Chai Practice Ph: 2824 9112.

Usually you would have to book in with the Matilda as soon as you know you are pregnant in order to secure a spot (I booked in at my 5 week appointment back in September) and just delivered there a few weeks ago. As Sleuth said, it only has limited birthing rooms and beds, hence the scarce availability. You can check with Dr Ferguson though whether she is able to get you a spot or not.

Good Luck.

katelynBB is offline Registered User
    thanks... I didn't know Matilda only had 3 birthing rooms, no wonder I can't get a room.

ania8888 is offline Registered User
    To be precise, 16 rooms, of which 6 are single, 2 VIP suites, and 8 double or triple, plus 3 birthing suites. I suggest you find a doctor who is a resident doctor at the Matilda. I was in the same situation. I returned to Hong Kong when I was 20 weeks pregnant and it took until week 30 or so to get a confirmation that I had a bed there. Think of it this way, if the doctor who delivers only at the Matilda really wants your business and your fees, they WILL get you a bed confirmed sooner or later.

Good luck

Thanks ania8888.. can you advise on how to contact a doctor who is a resident doctor at matilda? Should I just go to the hospital and ask?

jools is offline Registered User
    Sally Ferguson is a resident at Matilda.

flickserve is offline Registered User
    Other Matilda resident O&G are Dr Grace Cheung, Dr Ghosh and Dr Patrick Chan.

Thanks for the info.. I would love to get a bed at Matilda.. my only concern is, if I live in Kowloon, wouldn't it be a long ride to get to the hospital when I'm in labour.. I'm not familiar with the roads and traffic of Hong Kong... I think I'll most likely be staying around Hung Hom area.

tikkunolam is offline Registered User
    I wouldn't worry about getting there- Hong Kong is such a small country. I live even further away from your location to Matilda and that is not a concern for me. I've been in labour now at home for 12 hours and still not even considering going to the hospital yet as I'm being monitored by a private doula and I probably will not deliver until tomorrow. It is only very rare that a woman will give birth within an hour or two of labour onset especially if it is the first time giving birth- but the entertainment industry portrays labour as a quick event. Taxis are easy to come by here if you are worried about finding your way to the hospital and they are very inexpensive.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast