Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Sunscreen for Sensitive Baby

milb is offline Registered User

Sunscreen for Sensitive Baby

My 13-mos girl has been having eczema and the last time I used a sunscreen for kids (which the guy in the chemist saying it's ok to use on sensitive skin) caused a major flare-up...now I totally have no idea what to use. Any recommendation?

mosmom is offline Registered User
    hey there, my baby has (a light version of) eczema, too. i used coppertone's 'water babies' sunscreen lotion, 50spf, and she was alright. which one did you use?
    the one i used, however, has lots of ingredients, so depending on how severe your bub's eczema is, you might want to consider to apply smthg else..
    sorry can't help you further, but i guess worst case scenario you'd have to have her wear light, long-sleeve blouses/shirts, a uv-cap and try to keep her out of the sun as much as possible.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i use lavera babay. it's organic & very good. available at some watson's, bumps to babes. when my daughter had ezcema on her face (she was 18mths & her face was bleeding), lavera didn't aggravate, but it seemed to hurt, then i used Clairins, just didn't hurt. so you can try either.

Konradsmom is offline Registered User
    I strongly recommend a brand that is not so well known in HK but its still available through elle spa in Repulse Bay - its called Eminence Organics and bub has bene using it since birth. He had a problem spot on this head and cheek like eczema, but we started him on eminence and it has since then stopped. It doesn't have a baby line but I use my products on him (camomile toner, linden calendula creametc) with very good results.

Try the tomatoe sun cream from eminence. Its ava

Voodoo is offline Registered User
    I vote for levera too. It is long lasting and smells good! You should get its after sun lotion too (blue packing) cos apart from your daughter may allergic to some ingredients in the sunscreen, she may dehydrate or sunburnt which cause the eczema. I got them from B2B.

milb is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone. I will try lavera first and see how it goes!