Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

HELP!!! My 4mth old baby refuses to nap in the afternoon!

Konradsmom is offline Registered User
    Hi fen, its me again. straneg that you mention the cranial sacral therapy - I took bub for his first session of CS therapy, and whilst he seemed calm and serene during the session, once we went home, it was hell for the next few days - he kept waking every 20 minutes at night thoughout the night. I am not sure whether I should have persisted with the course, but that was enough ot make me stop for the time being. So although some peopoe say CS has a soothing effect for babies, it certainly worked the other way for bub.

Could your baby also be going through teething? I recall bub had similar phases when his first 2 teeth broke out.

Sounds like you need some help - someone to take care of things when you have a day off gives you a whole new persepctive on things,esp if you are the only carer. I think you should give yourself some time off, and perhaps bring in a nanny/confinement lady for a few days . Just having someone there who knows what to do and can give advice is a LOT of support.

fennho is offline Registered User
    hi konradsmom

so u dont intend to go back? The therapist told me only a small percentage of babies will get a burst of energy and unsettled...funny how 2 of our babies are already like that. I'm not entirely sure if i wan to continue with the therapy. What brought u there in the 1st place? I went becos i tot my gal cries all the time and appears to be pretty tensed up to me. But surprisingly, when i was there, the therapist told me, she's not THAT tensed up comparatively to other babies, so she said that for my gal, perhaps 4-5 sessions would suffice.

For teething, i did bring her to a PD, and he told me she's not teething at all, none of her gums are swelling, in fact, still pretty sharp edge, yet, she's got all those PRE-teething symptoms, ie excessive drooling, irritation, biting on everything but the PD said these are all commons of a 4 mth baby and not necessary teething symptoms.

I've got a helper in mainly to take care of the housework (didnt wan to overwork her) plus she's a single girl from Indo, know virtually nothing of babies and is even afraid of carrying one! So yes, as far as baby is concerned, i am still the main carer. I can only ask her to keep an eye on baby while i go for a quick shower/toilet time and she'll jus make funny faces at baby but longer than 5mins, my baby will start yelling for me! She even rejects her daddy now cos usually he's away working and when he's home by 7pm, it's her bedtime already...I didnt know separation anxiety can start so young at 4mth!

Do u have any recommendation for a good, reliable, trustworthy nanny/babysitter that i can hire just for a night or something for me to take a break?

thanks sarah...will check it out! :)

Fenho,
    i PMed you with what you ask for - even before you asked for it !!..Trouble is that she is working as a confinement lady and hence fully booked ( plus she has to put up with my bookings) but if you are interested I can OM you her details and check when she might have time. I think an odd day or 2 can be arranged. its not ideal, but she is the only lady I have used , and can leave home without ever worrying at all.

Actually the reason why I brought bub to cranial sacral is because he sleeps poorly and seems to fret a lot ( same as you I guess) but one time is enough to stop me bringing him back. I guess I may want to try homeopathy first and see if that works for him. My son also doesnm't drink milk and the therapist said it might have to do with his head and the shape etc - thought cranial sacral would work for that too - but I won't find out now :P

konradsmom
    hmm...why didnt u persist with it? MAYBE it'll help after a few sessions? Now u have left me with doubts if i shud go on...cos altho my gal doesnt nap in the day, she is still sleeping ok at night, with one waking so far either at 3-ish or 5-ish. Thanks for the nanny recommendation, but i'm doing BF direct latch and baby dont take bottles, so how will this work? I'm wondering...!

Any good homeopathy around? I have read lots recommending IMI, what and where is that actually?

konradsmom

have sent u a PM :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast