Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pram? Moses Basket? Sling? Rocker?

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

Pram? Moses Basket? Sling? Rocker?

Hey there chicks,

I am in a dilema.... I am trying to work out what I need and the best products to buy. Hopefully second hand!

If you have any comments, please share as it will really help me out.

I have a baby bjoin but think I would prefer a sling in the first six months. What does everything think? Which is better for new borns to 6 months old.

If I am wanting to do housework, cook a meal and/or exercise whilst holding your baby, which items are best?

Do I need a rocker? Are they recommended for use in your babies first six months?

I may need to take my baby to the office somedays. If I have a moses basket plus sundries there - will this work? Obviously she will be in a quiet place where she wont be disturbed whilst sleeping.

I have 50 stairs to walk to my apartment so have been avoiding the pram/push chair but now thinking I may need one. It will be a pain to get up and down the stairs but good for outings and for bub to sleep in if necessary. What are peoples thoughts?

Any insights would be a great help.

Cheers Trace

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User
    Tracey Nicole,
    if you want second hand items, check out eco-mama at North Point. here's there web-site: http://www.eco-mama.org/entrance_nu.html
    I have the same problem with staircases but I still recommend a pram since your child will spend a majority of his/her time sleeping during the first few months, the baby will sleep more peacefully during your outings and you could sit down to enjoy your coffee/ meal.
    I remember going out with my husband and gal for the 1st time after giving birth. My husband & I decided to have dinner at a nice restaurant and I didn't have the pram, I ended up eating with my gal in my lap for over an hour.

FirstMumSKW is offline Registered User

To Nicole

Dear Nicole,
    A Pram is a must to my experience. Get one with full recline..those are suitable for newborn Baby.

And your idea of using a sling or carrier while doing your housework, cooking and stuffs...I will not recommend it. You are still carrying your own extra weight after giving birth and the baby's weight! You might have back pain or shoulder pain with that, Dear.

And my Mother told me, if you are used to let your baby sleep in the pram, he/she will get less used to being hold, thus...less attachment, in the future when he/she grows, they will be used to pram rather than having you carry them.

This is my experience, as my daughter..my one and only...hehehe! I was breastfeeding and I stopped working for a year because of her. Now 27 months old...(sadly)..she is too attached to me, that she is not very keen on staying in her pram since baby, especially when it stopped. So..till now..while shopping, I have no choice but to carry her. Imagine that...she is over 30lbs!

So..take my Mother's advice, only carry her when you are feeding her or she cries. Other than that, let them get used to being on their own, of course you have to make sure they are in safe environment.

My Brother's second baby, his wife took my Mum's advice, now at 10 months..she holds her own bottle, finish it, put it down and crawls around in her playpen playing with her toys without a fuss..and sometimes fell asleep in it without making any sound! And...MY...I regret not taking my Mum's advice in the first place.

Happy Mother's Day and All the best in your Motherhood.
    Last edited by FirstMumSKW; 05-12-2008 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Adding words.

Thanks very much to both of you! MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! I will definitely take your advice!!!

Do you have any recommendations for light weight multipurpose prams that fully recline as there seem to be way too many on the market :-) ??

Trace

oh ps - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY FOR YESTERDAY. God Bless!!

dueJuly is offline Registered User
    Tracey,

We are going to buy the Capella stroller. It fully reclines, has the option of rear or forward facing baby, one hand fold up and is lightweight. Available at Eugene on Q.R.C.
    Hope this helps!

salevizos is offline Registered User
    Tracey -
    You might also want to check out this product called Lillebaby Eurotote (http://www.lillebaby.com/products.html). Its not the cheapest, but it might be a good option for you. Its essentially a portable/multi-functioning moses type carrier tote.
    Sarah

aug
    aug is offline Registered User
    Has anyone heard about baby sign language.I understand that at baby forum there's some info but was dated 2005.Wonder if there's any update.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast