Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Which is the best light weight stroller for new born?

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    We bought a Graco because it was light weight, collapsed with one-hand and also fit through the turnstiles of the MTR. Since it is skinny enough for th rturnstiles, it also is skinny enough to fit through the elevator posts.
    We were going to get a McLaren until someone pointed out the hassle of trying to get it to train. We hadn't even thought of that aspect.
    Yes, you can go through the bigger gates, but they are not always conveniently located and often there is a line of people who also think they need to use them. Ditto for elevators.

mrstee is offline Registered User
    I have the Maclaren Techno XT and as great as it is, it is just too heavy for me to lift up the random sets of stairs you find around Hong Kong. My daughter is just over 15 lbs and with the stroller, it's too heavy to lift. I'm considering the Combi now because it's super lightweight and SO easy to open and shut with just one hand. But the price ($29XX) is a bit steep...so still thinking about it. And it's only good til 2.5 years of age.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    We currently have a Graco Mirage, which we love but since we got it second (technically 4th) hand it's started to jam a lot (can't open it with one hand, brake is iffy, quite bulky to carry) Best feature for me are the biggish wheels as they're great on HK pavements.

We've been looking at the Silver Cross Dazzle (available only at babies r us.) for a long-term replacement (as its suitable from birth - toddler) and when we have another one we'll just get an infant carrier to go on top. There are catalogues next to the sales display about it in toysrus and so far it looks great but will be researching it more -- shall update. I like the fact that so many of its features are hidden like the shopping basket (which is a must if you travel lots as we keep our baby bjorn in it for when we need to use taxis/buses) Does anyone have any feedback regarding this stroller?

I know the folks at mothercare and bumps to babes will happily help you choose/try them out.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Found the Catalogue!
    Here are the specs. for the Dazzle as the catalogue has them;

Unfolded Dimensions:
    Weight; 6.8kg
    Width; 19.3"
    Height; 38.2"
    Length; 23.3"

Folded Dimensions
    Width; 10.6"
    Depth; 15.7"
    Length; 40.5"