Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Private hospitals in Kowloon

carang is offline Registered User

sorry, rooming in not allowed... breastfeeding allowed at certain times only...

Happy One is offline Registered User

My OB was Dr Danny Kong and he delivers at St Teresa's which is where my baby was born (natural delivery). His clinic is in Central though, not Kowloon. His number is 2537-4550.

Gingerlyn is offline Registered User

OB in TST

Dear Erica

I am new to this forum and is currently in my 23rd week delivering in Nov.

I will be delivering in Baptist and I am just a tad uncertain about my current OB whom I am getting the feel that she is not entirely pro natural birth. Therefore, I would appreciate it very much if you could share with me the contact of your OB in TST whom you think is pro natural birth as I am.

Best regards
    Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by misizlee View Post
    I don't know much about Baptist but a friend of mine gave birth at St.Teresa's. I don't want to be judgemental over St.Teresa's or their practitioners and I'm sure that many women have nothing but praise for the treatment they received there, but this is my friends's story...

The resident OB was quite impatient throughout her latter half of pregnancy and pushed her to have a c-section, saying things like, 'the baby is too big for a natural birth. Why would you want to put yourself through all that pain?' A few days before her due date the OB advised her to have an induction (coincidently her due date was the first day of Chinese New Year). My friend stood her ground and went into labour naturally two days before CNY. She was using homeopathic pain relief and hypnobirthing. After 9 hours the OB decided labour wasn't progressing enough and gave drugs to speed up the process. The result was that labour shut down and the baby went into stress. The OB got her c-section after all. The baby weighed a very normal 3.4kg. So much for being supersized.

My friend was in a private room at St. Teresa's and was told she could have rooming in. After delivery, her baby was whisked away to the nursery and she didn't see her again for 24 hours. Somewhere along the way they changed their mind about rooming in. Her baby was not sick and did not need special care. They set strict hours for visitation and breastfeeding. They even pushed her to use formula because they said the baby was loosing weight in the first few days. Isn't it normal for babies to loose a little weight in the first few days?

Anyway, despite not getting the birth that she wanted, my friend and her baby are thriving and she did manage to establish exclusive breastfeeding in the end.

If you want to have a similar birthing experience as Canada, I agree with Carang that Matilda is the place to go. I've also heard Adventist is supportive.

My OB is also very supportive of natural birth. She is based in TST and delivers at Baptist and St. Teresa's. I can send you her name and number, if you're interested. I don't think she would have any control over what goes on after delivery though.

Erica

Mom-2-B is offline Registered User

hi i was wondering which doctor you were seeing and what her delivery charges are like? I am due in April and want to go private but picking one that costs the less.. same with doctors as my insurance does not cover maternity.. hope to hear form u soon thanks =)

Mom-2-B is offline Registered User

wondering if you could shre which doctor you were seeing and delivery costs pls? wanting to go private but with no insurance so looking for cheapest option with both hospital and doctor.. thanks alot in advance

Quote Originally Posted by misizlee View Post
    I don't know much about Baptist but a friend of mine gave birth at St.Teresa's. I don't want to be judgemental over St.Teresa's or their practitioners and I'm sure that many women have nothing but praise for the treatment they received there, but this is my friends's story...

The resident OB was quite impatient throughout her latter half of pregnancy and pushed her to have a c-section, saying things like, 'the baby is too big for a natural birth. Why would you want to put yourself through all that pain?' A few days before her due date the OB advised her to have an induction (coincidently her due date was the first day of Chinese New Year). My friend stood her ground and went into labour naturally two days before CNY. She was using homeopathic pain relief and hypnobirthing. After 9 hours the OB decided labour wasn't progressing enough and gave drugs to speed up the process. The result was that labour shut down and the baby went into stress. The OB got her c-section after all. The baby weighed a very normal 3.4kg. So much for being supersized.

My friend was in a private room at St. Teresa's and was told she could have rooming in. After delivery, her baby was whisked away to the nursery and she didn't see her again for 24 hours. Somewhere along the way they changed their mind about rooming in. Her baby was not sick and did not need special care. They set strict hours for visitation and breastfeeding. They even pushed her to use formula because they said the baby was loosing weight in the first few days. Isn't it normal for babies to loose a little weight in the first few days?

Anyway, despite not getting the birth that she wanted, my friend and her baby are thriving and she did manage to establish exclusive breastfeeding in the end.

If you want to have a similar birthing experience as Canada, I agree with Carang that Matilda is the place to go. I've also heard Adventist is supportive.

My OB is also very supportive of natural birth. She is based in TST and delivers at Baptist and St. Teresa's. I can send you her name and number, if you're interested. I don't think she would have any control over what goes on after delivery though.

Erica

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123