Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thalassemia

sunniefaith is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine View Post
    Sunnie Faith, please don't get confused between Thalassemia Major and Minor. One in a dozen HK Chinese people have T Minor - but T Minor is often asymptomatic.

You would definitely have to pay for a T Major sufferer's medical treatment - without treatment, they cannot survive. Read about it on Wikipedia if you haven't already:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalassemia

I know a bit about this because my husband has T Minor and we had my blood screened to make sure I didn't before we tried for a baby.
    It's pretty much confirmed. She has major. She needs infusion 5 nights a week for about 10 hrs. And once a month, transfusion. So...it's kinda hard for the little girl as well.

Madeleine is offline Registered User

Good luck with the interview! I'm sure she would be really lucky to have a loving home like yours.

The treatment sounds rough :( Hopefully they will improve it in the future.

It's good to see on Wikipedia that children with T Major can live long lives.

sunniefaith is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine View Post
    Good luck with the interview! I'm sure she would be really lucky to have a loving home like yours.

The treatment sounds rough :( Hopefully they will improve it in the future.

It's good to see on Wikipedia that children with T Major can live long lives.
    Thanks so much. Yes, did some research last night and they can have a normal life. Praying that hubby will too be convinced. Girl's mum abandoned her because she has T Major. So, it's really hard for the little girl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12