Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

ESF school bus from Pokfulam - how long & how much does it cost?

snagito is offline Registered User

ESF school bus from Pokfulam - how long & how much does it cost?

Have not been able to get any answers from the KG or the website and just trying to plan well ahead - would anyone here know how long the school bus ride is for kids from Pokfulam to get to the Sheung Wan kindergarten in time for the morning session at 8:30? What time would they have to be ready to get on the bus? If the website says they get back on the bus to come home at 11:15 am, what time would you expect them to actually be home (Victoria Road).. I suppose it would depend on the pick up schedule, but just looking for an average time here and also an average cost per month. Can't imagine seeing toddler getting onto a bus and going off on his own..but I know it has to come at some point! Grateful for all information..

rani is offline Administrator

we are just up the road from you and we used to catch it at 7:30am. its starts from our building and heads down to scenic, Victoria and Belchers. They reach school by 8:15 or so but all the buses arrive around the same time and it takes a while for each bus to unload. d used to be home by 12. i can't remember the cost/month. Best to call the bus company.

Last edited by rani; 05-14-2008 at 06:26 PM.

barbiegirl is offline Registered User

You may call their bus service 'Kwoon Chung Motors Company Limited' at 2578 1178. Tell them you want the bus schedule from your place to ESF Sheung Wan, the lady in charge will be able to tell you the cost and approximate pick-up and drop-off time.

Last edited by barbiegirl; 05-14-2008 at 06:44 PM.

barbiegirl is offline Registered User

And don't forget to check with them the nearest stop to your place.

Thanks a mill.. Did D like being on the school bus? R is a little young - he will only be 2 and 8 months when he starts so I'm worried that it will all be too much for him being out of the house from approx 7:40 to 12 noon..Am wondering whether I should try and drop him off initially or whether this is silly and they just get used to the school bus as that's what all their little friends are doing! Grateful for all input!

rani is offline Administrator

D loved the bus, but 3 of his friends from the building were already on it, which helped. Also, we started kindy at 3 1/2 so he was a tad bit older than your little man. Actually, I didn't put him on the bus for the first couple of weeks. Thought it would be too much, new school, bus etc. I dropped him off in the morning and my helper would pick him up. If you decide to do this the minibus is really convenient. Just get off on Bonham Rd, the junction of Hospital and Seymour Rd and walk down the steps.

Will try out the route one of these days as sounds quite easy and R loves the minibus!