Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Cramping @ 5 weeks - Is this normal?

C bebe is offline Registered User

Cramping @ 5 weeks - Is this normal?

Hi Geobaby Mothers,

I'm currently 5 weeks and I'm seeing my doctor for the 1st ultrasound next week.

I'm a little worried because I've been cramping (75% on right side) and I can't help but think, ectopic?

Did a lot of mothers go through cramps? If so, was it all-around or one-sided?

They tell you that you start worrying from the minute you become pregnant and I guess it's true... because I'm worried out of my mind! It's not very painful so I can wait until I see him next week. But it would really be reassuring to know others have gone through these cramps.

Thanks a million~!!!

sherwes is offline Registered User

Hi, I don't think that there is any right answer to this. Cramping could just be your tendons etc stretching or it could be something more sinister. Only a doctor will be able to give you a reliable answer. Why not go and get it checked out by your doctor - that way you won't spend the next few days stressing out. Goodluck.

rachrobin is offline Registered User

I agree, seeing your doctor sooner is the only way to put your mind at ease.
    However, I went through the same thing at about 6-7 weeks. Pain, a bit like a stich or a pulled muscle, mostly on one side. My doctor told me it was ligaments stretching etc.

You should expect an ectopic pregnancy to give you more sudden, sharp pain, even with a fever in some cases. The pain should not come and go....but of course, everyone is different!

Congratulations, good luck with everything!

C bebe is offline Registered User

Thank you, sherwes and rachrobin!

It's not painful at all - just discomforting at times. I was just worried because it was mostly one sided. I feel better knowing that you (rachrobin) went through similar symptoms.

I'm stopping by for another blood test tomorrow (to check hormone levels) so maybe I'll ask if the doctor can see me for a few minutes.

But feeling better already...

reei is offline Registered User

i had really bad cramps when i was 6 weeks pregnant. it was so bad, that i can't walk, breathe and need to stop aside, leaning at the wall in the central mtr. made appointment to see doctor that same day and was told that it is normal stretching of the body to make room for the embryo..
    doctor said, only if the cramps are like menstrual cramps, u feel it 'squeezing', then that will be something to worry about.

take care.