Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help - what should I do??

Tigerlily is offline Registered User

Help - what should I do??

Hi
    we just found out that I am pregnant.....not planned at all and we are now recovering from the shock!

I went to a GP yesterday and he told me to hurry up and book an OB soon since they get fully booked quickly....the problem is who should i go for?

He suggested Dr Robert Law. Does anyone know if he is any good? Do you have any doctor or clinic to recommend ? (we live in Mid-Levels).

I have no idea what I should do or were I should go so thanks in advance for any advices

Cheers

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    Dr Gosh at Veritas Medical Clinic.. located American Bank Building 29/F ..he was mydr and I thought he was fantastic he delivers at Matilda and Adventist so that would be a good location.

Ratio3533 is offline Registered User
    There are usually vast differences of opinions about most doctors - some love Dr Ghosh, some don't. My wife used Sally Ferguson. She worked very well for both our kids. Again, some did not like her style. The key really is to "try out" a few doctors to see if they are on the same wavelength as you. For instance, we were dead set on having normal delivery for both our kids and Sally is very pro-natural delivery. From what i have heard, Dr Ghosh is not. I would recommend you book appointments with Dr Sally Ferguson, Dr Robert Dawkins and Lucy Lord. Yes, will initially cost a bit of money, but in the long run it will be worth it knowing that you have picked someone properly. Can also try Dr Macor Wan (I think) in St George's Bldg.

barbiegirl is offline Registered User
    Dr. Macor C. W. Wan was my Ob a few yrs ago. He is amongst the top ones in HK, he is very experienced, but a bit expensive. You may call his clinic at 2877 3280 to find out more.
    Last edited by barbiegirl; 05-15-2008 at 01:27 PM.

barbiegirl is offline Registered User
    BTW, Dr. Lam Yung Hang (who shares the same clinic with Dr. Wan) is also a good OB. He is younger but experienced and very nice.

carang is offline Registered User
    actually, the first thing to do is to decide if you want to go public (no frills, excellent medical care) or private (luxurious and excellent medical care). each has their accompanying price tag.

once you decide this, then you can either make an appt with the public system or find a private obgyn.

congratulations!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by barbiegirl View Post
    BTW, Dr. Lam Yung Hang (who shares the same clinic with Dr. Wan) is also a good OB. He is younger but experienced and very nice.
    I wanted to ditto this!! I went there because I'd heard their clinic has some of the best ultrasounds in Hong Kong, and also because they give you a free DVD with each ultrasound ;) (well, I'm sure you pay for it in the price of the appointment!)

I had been to Dr Phillip Ho and I didn't like him AT ALL - I found him quite rude and when we told him we wanted to deliver in a public hospital, he totally brushed us off, like he couldn't be bothered with our prenatal care if he wasn't going to deliver the baby.

Dr Lam was MUCH nicer and friendlier!! We were really happy with him. The only negative thing was that his clinic was SO PACKED that we had to wait an hour for the appointment. We scheduled the next appointment for the first appointment after the lunch break, so hopefully we get in a lot faster like that!! That was the ONLY down side though!!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    actually, the first thing to do is to decide if you want to go public (no frills, excellent medical care) or private (luxurious and excellent medical care). each has their accompanying price tag.

once you decide this, then you can either make an appt with the public system or find a private obgyn.

congratulations!
    I agree on the public vs private hospital, but a third option is to do "half half" - deliver in a public hospital but have a private obgyn for the prenatal check ups. Many people also go this route.

An estimate of charges: delivery in a public hospital costs next to nothing, delivery in a private hospital can cost up to $100,000, private prenatal visits may be around $20,000 depending on how many you have and all that... and depending on how much your doctor charges too!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top