Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Paying Part-Time, per hour or per month?

JadenLeigh is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Paying Part-Time, per hour or per month?

hi y'all..

I am in the process of hiring a nanny for my 10 month old son.
    My dilemma is needing someone to take care of my son till my nanny arrives however I'm a lil abit hesistant coz I dont know how to pay a part-time babysitter.Someone took care of my son awhile ago but she accepted a full time job somewhere else.
    I paid her, monthly basis,minimum wage, 3480/days in a its like 116 per day times the days she actually works.I only require her to work 4 times a week, 6 to 8 hours a day. Does this make sense to anyone?is this reasonable pay?If anyone have an idea please feel free to comment.
    And for those who are interested to babysit, Am still looking for someone...

thanks y'all

cwbmum is offline Registered User
    Clearwater Bay
    I know that domestic helpers do part time work and charge anything from 50 - 70 dollars per hour. We tend to give part time (sometimes helping with gardening etc) 100 per hour.
    I think 116 per day for a part time is quite low.
    Of you could arrange a set wage for the hours you need until your nanny arrives.
    Good luck

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    You have to pay part timers per hour because they don't have the luxury of getting full time, consistent hours and they are not getting extras like free accomodation. Dividing a full time wage I think is unreasonable.
    We pay our part timer $50/hour plus transport and she is worth every penny, if not more.

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    Tin Hau
    Agree with aussiegal. We had a part time and we paid her $60/hr before our full time helper started. It may be a bit hard getting her to stay for 6-8hrs though coz they're mostly engaged a lot of other part time work too.