Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Breastfeeding equipment

Smiles is offline Registered User

I think Annerley hire breast pumps, not sure how much.

joshsmum is offline Registered User

I've been breastfeeding now for 4 weeks. I agree with Rebekah, I find the breastfeeding pillow great. They had a good one at the hospital and then when I came home I found it hard to get in the right positions with normal pillows that were kicking around at home, so my husband went and bought me a breastfeeding pillow and things have been great since then. It helps me relax too.

I've got the Medela Swing pump and I'm just about to try
    expressing - I have to go and buy some storage cups and freezer bags to start storing it, which I didn't think about before hand.

Nipple cream - good to have on hand just incase you do get cracked nipples.

Here's a link to the company that supplies the Medela products & accessories to HK:
    http://www.celki.com/php/shop/shop.php?locat_id=27

Belinda

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

Although these aren't equipment for breastfeeding I think they are very important:
    pre-natal information about breastfeeding and support after the baby arrives.

In the Hong Kong Breastfeeding Survey conducted in 2001 these were the two factors that had the most significant on whether mothers were successful at breastfeeding.

Because of this my co-leader, Judy, and I started holding prenatal breastfeeding classes. At the classes you can learn the most important points about breastfeeding to help you get off to a good start and also meet with LLL leaders so that you know us when you feel the need for support after the baby is born.

Our next class is on Wednesday June 4th from 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm at Annerley Midwives, Unit 1801, Car Po Commercial Building, 18-20 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central.
    Class details are at http://www.lllhk.org/Class.html

If you want to buy a pump I'd recommend getting one when you actually need it and not before. Pumps seem to fall into two categories; those that work for years and those that break down quickly. If you wait and buy it when you need it the guarantee will last longer and should it be a pump that breaks down quickly this will save you money.

Best wishes,
    SARAH

Last edited by LLL_Sarah; 05-18-2008 at 02:13 PM.
    La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

rebekah is offline Registered User

also...matilda sells their pillows $450 but it worked so well for me I *had* to have it

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

you ladies are amazing!! thanks very much for all of your valuable advice! i feel much more well informed.!! thanks a million.

joshsmum is offline Registered User

I just went to Bumps to Babes at Ap Lei Chau today to get my accessories for my Medela Swing breastpump - just letting you know they had a good supply of a few brands of breastpumps and accessories and nipple creams etc.

Belinda

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

thanks so much to everyone and offering me their guidance. much much appreciated. kind regards,

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

Medela has a new handsfree extremely portable breastpump out in the US and I ordered it online and love it. I good pump in a must if you wish to feed EBM.

Also, be prepared for some serious discomfort when your milk comes in. I was absolutely miserable for a day and a half because I was so engorged and had such a strong letdown.

Other than that, I LOVE breastfeeding and the bonding is wonderful :)

Enjoy...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast