Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

out of town for 2 months, what shall i do with helper?

raquel is offline Registered User

out of town for 2 months, what shall i do with helper?

we will be out of town for the summer from mid june until mid august, please adivse what shall i do with my helper, she had her 14 days annual leave already and she said that she doesn't want to go back to phillipines. any suggestions?

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    You can't really do anything with her then except leave her behind with instructions on what you expect her to do while you are away. I know that some helpers get some part time work when their employers are away though of course it's not legal but if they choose to do it and you allow it it helps them earn some good money while they can in addition to their usual salary.

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    If there's no one in the house, I'd get the helper to stay in a boarding house (hwhich you might want to pay for) rather than your home. My friend had a bad experience of the helper bringing friends home (found out through a neighbour). Then if she really wants to do part time, there's nothing you can do to stop her...just bear in mind the insurance cover should anything happen, touch wood.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    I think if you go away for 3 months and want your helper to stay in a boarding house you WILL have to pay for it. Under the terms of the contract you have to provide them with somewhere to live.

I would be quite comfortable letting my helper stay in our hse alone for 3 monts...in fact she'd have to because we have 2 dogs! But it all boils down to trust I guess.

spockey is offline Registered User
    As long as she's officially working and not on paid leave, I don't think it's legal for the helper to stay in a boarding house for 2 months.

carang is offline Registered User
    when i went away for a month, i left a list of special things that i wanted my helper to accomplish while i was gone. she actually started them before i left and by the time i left, most were done!

if she is working illegally, then insurance does not cover her. i think that it would be illegal to have her live-out for 2 months... two days, ok, two months, i think immigration woudl have a problem with.

Neha is offline Banned
    as u mentioned above it all comes down to trust. Our helper has been with us for 14 years and we have left our house for extended trips upto 2 months without any issue touch wood, Regarding the expenses, We left some for her to cover the basics but she would go over the office and ask for whenever she needed something

nanny101 is offline Registered User
    Raquel,

Sent you a PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast