Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

At what age baby moves from crib to kid bed

hunhun_l is offline Registered User
    hong kong

At what age baby moves from crib to kid bed

I'm moving to a new place, thinking of wether to buy a kid bed for her. At what age did your baby move from crib (1.2mx.6m) to kid bed?

where did you get your kid beds? I checked with bumps to bebe, quite expensive.

capital is offline Banned
    I moved my first at 20 months, when I was 4 months pregnant, so that the first would be used to his new room and bed long before baby came. With the second, he moved into a bed around the same time as he crawled out of the crib and fell on the floor in the middle of the night. Both times I moved them inot a twin matress on the floor, then up on the frame once tall enough that they could climb onot the bed. I skipped the toddler bed altogether as I thought it ia a waste of money for something you use for such a short amount of time. with the second we bought bunkbeds, which right now are being used separetly as 2 twins until the oldest is old enough to be on the top bunk.

Aaron is offline Registered User
    Hi Hunhun_1,

Ikea has kids bed at reasonable price and kids would love the characters' beds in Toys Club. They have a shop in Central and you may view their products online.

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    we moved our first for exactly the same reason. he was about 14 months. it was a mistake as he was able to get into and out of bed and it was very difficult for about a year! he just would not stay in bed at night!

our second is still in a cot at almost 16 months. i have no intention of moving her until she's at least 2 (unless of course she climbs out of the cot!)