Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mums Mandarin/English Conversation Group

mel_g20 is offline Registered User

Mums Mandarin/English Conversation Group

Hi,

I am planning to continue learning Mandarin, however one of the keys to my success I think will be actually having conversation time with a fluent mandarin speaker. Also as my son is in a bilingual class I think it is important I learn with him.

Being a mum with 2 young kids (3 and 1), I didnt want to post on Geo Expat and thought it would be nice to maybe start a group for mums. I can help develop someones English if they can help me. My Mandarin is not too advanced yet. It would be nice to have a small group of mums getting together some fluent in English, others in Mandarin.

I would prefer not to have to go too far and would prefer a southside location, but first would like to see if anyone else is interested.

Hope to hear from other interested mums.

aussiegal is offline Registered User

I'm about to start mandarin lessons but you can count me in too if it doesn't bother anyone that i'd be a real beginner. I have a 1 year old boy and a 25 month old son. Am also southside.

Mandarin Club

Thats great. I am a relative beginner too. Lets hope we get someone willing to join with the Mandarin experience. Will keep you posted. I think it could be fun.

Hello, I posted this last time the updates were made to Geobaby, so I think it got lost a little when access was doen. Still looking to start the mums Mandarin conversation group if anyone is interested. Still need Mandarin learners (there are 2 of us so far) and a Mandarin speaking English learner. Post if you would like to join. It would be a relaxed fun group.

persilnonbio is offline Registered User

Hi,
    I'm interested in joining too! I have basic Knowledge of spoken Mandarin and written Chinese but would like to improve...lots!
    I also have 2 children and live southside.
    rainxxxxxx

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Hi, I speak conversational Mandarin (enough to get by!) and would be keen to meet up with others who are willing to practice with me. I also have a 3yo and a 1yo; my 3yo is also in a bilingual class and is learning heaps that I have to keep up. :)

I am at Stanley most mornings running errands or having coffee while waiting to pick up my son at noon from school, so if you are meeting in the mornings, I would most definitely want to join the group.

rmp
    rmp is offline Registered User

I am Mandarin speaking!

Hi, Is this group still going on? If it is, I would to join and I speak fluent Mandarin and English. My two boys are 3 and 1.

wxusipp is offline Registered User

I'm a native Mandarin speaker (born and raised in mainland China) and my English is fluent too having lived in the states for quite a few years. I'll be happy to help those moms that want to either practice mandarin themselves or help their children with Chinese lessons. It'll be great to meet other mandarin speaking moms too. I live in Tai Tam. PM or email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast