Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

ISF v ESF (QBS)

Aaron is offline Registered User

ISF v ESF (QBS)

Hi,

How would you choose between ISF and ESF(QBS) apart from the school fees? Any comments on their whole child development and teaching staff?

Freya is offline Registered User
    I would suggest you visit both schools. One is very local in it's teaching and methods and the other has Western teaching and methods. One is a through school and is IB the other teaches PYP then the children move to high school and do GCSE's then IB post 16. You need to decide what is best for your child - both schools are very very different.

katelynBB is offline Registered User
    Hi Freya... I was just reading your msg, and I am new to Hong KOng and looking at sending my daughter to ESF, is this the school has Western teaching methods? Because that's what I am looking for. Thanks!

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User
    Hi freya,
    sorry, i'm new to the HK educational system too. could you explain a bit more about the local "through school and IB". And what is "PYP AND GCSE"?
    Could you also tell me where i could learn more about those systems please.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

HappyV is offline Registered User
    Through school means primary and secondary.
    IB is International Baccalaureate
    PYP is the early learing program/curriculum of the IB
    GCSE is the Year 11 (around 15/16 years of age) exams of the National Curriculum of England and Wales.
    ESF schools currently use the PYP program in primary, their students do GCSE, then go on to do the IB Diploma.

Scroll to top