Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Morning Sickness HELP!

Paddles is offline Registered User
    Not to put you off, but i had morning sickness for about 7 months (I am having twins though) and the early stages were terrible. I was loaded with advice and i think the answers are different for everyone. Find the foods your body craves and don't worry too much about whether they're good for you - my Dr told me that the baby will get the right nutrients from you anyhow. I loved Macdonalds hamburgers, seemed to be the only thing that gave me more than 10 mins relief. i also had acupuncture 2/3 times a week and although it wasn't a cure it certainly took the edge off. Ginger is usually good, doesnt matter how you take it - ginger ale, ginger beer, ginger biscuits, ginger tea with lemon - whichever one works for you.

Also take your prenatal vitamin at night and not first thing in the morning and keep crackers by the side of your bed, have them before you get out of bed in the morning

oh and i loved salt and vinegar crisps too!!

C bebe is offline Registered User
    thank you again! i'm going to go through everyone's suggestions and find something that'll work for me!

tigerlily - since you're only 2 wks ahead of me, you must be due in jan 09 too! how exciting!

Kiwicanfly is offline Registered User
    You have my sympathy - I had M/S until about 5 months - then just when I thought it would be there forever - I felt better. Brushing my teeth was aweful no matter what toothpaste - just having the toothbrush near my back teeth made me throw up everytime.
    I found ginger really helpful; in Australia I found some ginger lollies which were fabulous, and drinking Ginger Beer and Ginger Ale helped too. The other down under trick I used was Vegemite on crackers.

Goodluck finding a trick that works for me. And just think about the little bundle you will have at the end.

Tigerlily is offline Registered User
    yep you are correct cbebe....exciting and scary =)
    have PM you with some more little trick...

take care

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12