Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Morning Sickness HELP!

C bebe is offline Registered User

Morning Sickness HELP!

i'm now 6 weeks and experiencing the onset of morning sickness. for the past 3 days, i've become extremely sensitive to smell, unbelievable nauseous and have lost all appetite. everytime i make myself eat, i have the urge to vomit. i've been able to suppress the urge but i don't think i can much longer!

friends have told me that if your mother had morning sickness then chances are, you will too. it turns out, my mom had a horrible case of morning sickness. great!

but i'm not complaining, i promise! this will all be worth it in the end. someone suggested "preggie pops" - http://www.threelollies.com/. has anyone tried them? i don't believe they're available in HK but i can always have someone send it to me from the states.

is there anything else i can do? how did you get past this stage of morning sickness? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tigerlily is offline Registered User
    welcome to the club! I am nearly 8 weeks pregnant and I have spent the past 2 feeling the same as you, I can't get anywhere near the kitchen...but everybody is telling me that in most of the cases they will go after the 12 weeks so.....keep strong!

I found that keep eating really help the situation, specially dry food such as bread sticks, crackers and bread. Have a little bit every hour before the sickness hits you.

I also found the smell of the ginger to help. I bought some ginger biscuits and they seem to work.

Try also the lemon juce some of my friends said it works even if you just smell it.

Hope you feel better soon

reei is offline Registered User
    c bebe,

try to eat plain crackers before you get out of bed in the morning. also, i switch to oral-b toothpaste, plain ones, i can't stand the smell of mint or any other toothpaste.. also, pop in some ginger sweets, or sour stuffs..
    if u can't eat full meal, it is okay for the first trimester, eat as you can. u will gain weight in your second trimester.

take care and hope u feel better soon.

carang is offline Registered User
    i had it terrible for 2 pregnancies. i lost over 20 lbs during my first and ended up only 5lbs heavier on delivery day than the day i got pregnant!

for the second one, i asked the dr IMMEDIATELY for something. he prescribed a tablet that didn't alleviate the feeling, rather it just took the edge off and i was able to eat modest amounts of food.

DO NOT suffer, do something about it!

ps> i tried every conventional home remedy and NOTHING worked! and brushing my teeth was an agony that i put off everyday as long as i could stand it.

tinks is offline Registered User
    I got awful m/s in the 1st tri and I still have it now (21 weeks) although it's not as bad and it's mostly mausea now, rather than vomitting or dry retching.

I found the following helped: full sugar coke (yes, I know it has caffeine in it but as long as you don't drink pints of it it's ok), salt & vinegar crisps, cheddar cheese on crackers, chewing gum, polo mints, homemade ice lollies made out of fresh orange juice, ice cold water, oranges. Ginger did nothing for me!

I think it's a case of trial and error - you should eventually find something that you like or can keep down. I was offered anti-nausea medication but I chose to not to have it - I did regret it when the m/s got really bad! If you can't keep any fluids or food down then you must see a doctor.

Good luck!

C bebe is offline Registered User
    awww, you guys are so sweet! *sniff* thank you for all the wonderful advice.

i just returned from citisuper having stocked up on many diff brands of crackers, breadsticks, breads. also, lemonade, pocari sweat and vitamin water for much needed electrolytes afterwards.

with crackers in one hand & pocari sweat in another, i'm ready! bring it on!

btw, i couldn't find ginger crackers @ citisuper. where did you find yours?

rachrobin is offline Registered User
    I had it so bad I had to leave my job! (I was running a restaurant, so was not condusive to being sick!).

No home remedy worked for me, I would drink water and throw up. In the end, I just lay on the couch and perservered....ate and drank anything my mind suggested. For me, it was peanut butter and honey on toast, Vegemite, ovaltine, grape juice, scrambled egg.

Don't worry about losing weight - you will make up for it. Do try to keep taking your prenatal vitamins (even just with a glass of milk if it will stay down).

I woke up one day when I was about 4 months along and suddenly didn't have it any more.

Good luck!

Tigerlily is offline Registered User
    C bebe....i got them from citysuper at IFC, in the biscuit sections. There are 2 different makers, one is made in sweden and the other in japan.
    Both are around 25/30 HKD for a pack....
    Let us know how it goes and let's hope we are going to wake up soon as rachrobin!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast