Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bandy legs

adahc is offline Registered User
    hong kong

Bandy legs

I might be overly worried but my almost 5 monthes old son legs are slightly bandy. Not too bandy but bandy enough to notice. My mum said I should try to straighten his legs after bath (pull his legs down straight) but I'm not convinced that is the only way or a good way. Some said it's a baby thing and they will grow out of it.
    Any tips? Advice?:Butbut

cwbmum is offline Registered User
    Clearwater Bay
    Just get it checked out at your next doc appointment - My little one had it and I think it makes it look worse with the fatty skin before they start crawling and walking - he is fine now. Doc told me not to worry too much, it will sort itself out.

jjmum is offline Registered User
    I've checked out mine with the doc, he said still too young at the moment, may grow out of it, but keep close observation meantime.

capital is offline Banned
    a baby's legs can look like that because of thier fat distribution when in fact the legs are straight. If your child truly did have a problem, pulling on leg after a bath will do absolutly nothing, they would need medical intervention. I would just check with my doctor to be sure but it is unlikely there is a problem.

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I read somewhere that baby's legs are often bendy as they have been in a bent position for a long time in the womb and most will straighten out after a few months, so don't worry too much if the doc says it's ok.