New to site, should we move to Hong Kong??
- 06-08-2008, 04:07 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
- hong kong
Yeah, not 2 worry till u really r coming over. I was born in HK but was brought up in Aus. Speaks the language but still find it hard to get ard when we moved back wif my 2mths old in Feb tis yr. Just settled in our new place, now trying to find the right playgroup for my dear son who is bored stiff @ home. I just keep on telling myselt that it takes time to get use to a new place.
- 06-09-2008, 12:01 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- Fo Tan
You can also join the American Women's Club (not just for Americans and some large % of the group isn't). But they all speak English and they have a ton of get togethers both in HK and trips abroad.
And you don't need to speak Canto, especially if you end up in one of the ex-pat enclaves. But try to pick up the polite words and don't be afraid to use them as the locals all seem to appreciate the effort.
- By carolyndrewery in forum PlaygroupsReplies: 13Last Post: 02-01-2010, 11:00 AM
- By karen bt in forum Everything ElseReplies: 2Last Post: 01-25-2010, 02:40 PM
- By Jay in forum EducationReplies: 3Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
- By louloubell in forum Moving ForumsReplies: 6Last Post: 05-16-2006, 11:19 AM
- By sofia in forum PlaygroupsReplies: 6Last Post: 02-01-2006, 01:21 AM