Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Great Ultra sound doctor.

Kay2008 is offline Registered User
    Just wondering if Dr Wong only does the ultrasounds? or is he an ob gyn one can go to for the delivery as well? anyone had their baby delivered by Dr Wong?

I just found out i'm pregnant with my first baby - new to Hong Kong and staying in Kowloon - near the ICC. Would be great if someone could recommend a good OB Gyn in Kowloon...

rachrobin is offline Registered User
    Yes, Dr Wong is an ob/gyn. He seemed lovely, very experienced and was very reassuring. Based on my one experience with him, I would feel very comfortable choosing him as my ob/gyn if I had the chance.

Good luck.

Kay2008 is offline Registered User
    Hi Rachrobin,
    Thanks so much for the reply. Just wondering which hospital you are delivering at? I've seen in a previous thread that you are in Kowloon too - i am thinking of going to a private ob gyn but deliver in a public hospital (our insurance will def not cover us for the hkd100000+ !) - which one would you recommend - prince of wales, mt elizabeth, st teresa..?

Sorry for throwing so many questions at you! Don't know too many people here yet and feeling quite overwhlemed with all these decisions!

AngelaM is offline Registered User
    Hi Kay2008,
    I'm also new to the HK health-care system, newly pregnant and living in Kowloon. I too do not have maternity coverage so my husband and I decided to register with the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and supplement care privately. I recently had a visit with Dr. Yau Hon Wai in Mong Kok, which I DO NOT recommend. Instead I'll try Dr. Wong Kar Mau that everybody is raving about.

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

Smile 4D Ultra Sound with DVD

Quote Originally Posted by mazamarie View Post
    Sounds like a awesome doctor nataliekaye, will keep him in mind for the next scan. Nice to not be rushed out the door. Does he give you a DVD copy of the sessions too?

Does anyone know a doctor that gives you a DVD of the session as well as photos? Really keen to get one at my 20 week scan which is not too far away so need to book soon.
    hi

I saw Dr Shell Wong in TST for a 4D ultra sound when I 1st came back from Canada early this month.

He gives you a DVD of all scan, 14 photos and a detailed report. If you like you can message me back and I would be glad to give you his contact number.

curiousmummy is offline Registered User
    any one knows how early into the pregnancy can we do the 4 D scan?

rachrobin is offline Registered User
    I remember being told it was ideal to do between 28-32 weeks. I did mine at 34 weeks and it was great - but really depends on the position the baby is in and how free it is to move.

A lot of my friends who went to private doctors had a 4D scan at every check up.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    My doctor (I think his name's Dr Lam, at the Hong Kong Prenatal Diagnostic Clinic, or whatever it's called) said 30 weeks was the best time for the scan. I booked for 31 weeks but then he had to deliver a baby!! So I'm going on Saturday when I'll be getting closer to 32 weeks. I'm hoping it's not too tight in there to see the baby well!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast