Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bamboo Grove?

Eva08 is offline Registered User

Bamboo Grove?

I'm trying to decide whether to move to Bamboo Grove - we currently live on Robinson Road but we have a 3-month old baby and I'm looking to move somewhere with more space as our current apartment is quite small.
    We had a few viewings and I saw a nice big apartment in Bamboo Grove. The facilities seem really good - gym, swimming pool etc. - but I don't really know the area.
    What I really like about Robinson Road is that it's within walking distance of lots of shops and activities. I'm a stay-at-home mum so it's good to be able to go for a walk from our flat with a stroller even if it is just to Wellcome or whatever. I don't want to have to get a bus/taxi every time I just want to get out of the flat for a while - which seems to be the case with lots of the other complexes I looked at in Mid-Levels!!
    Anyway, just wondering if anyone here lives in Bamboo Grove and what they think of it? Also do you think it is a good place to meet other mums with babies?

Thanks,
    Eva

hkaussie is offline Registered User
    I had two friends living in Bamboo Grove, it seemed excellent. Lots of young expat families.

elmo is offline Banned
    If it's the Bamboo Grove on Kennedy Road, then Hopewell Centre in Wan Chai is walking distance. It has a PnS superstore, Watsons, restaurants (Fat Angelos's, McDs, NYC cafe, Starbucks, opening soon is Epoch and Fatburger, etc. You just get into a lift on the 17th floor (Kennedy Road) of Hopewell Centre and take it to the 3rd floor. Also, 3 minutes from Hopewell Centre is the Wan Chai market and the street market. Venture a little bit further and you have all the bars and clubs in Wan Chai and more restaurants.

Thanks khaussie and elmo for your replies.
    We've decided we will move there so hoping it all works out!

lisajbrook is offline Registered User
    hi eva , i live here in bamboo grove and it is a great place to be with a young family , we have a seven month old , you will meet lots of mums here , there is lots going on also for you excercise classes etc ..... look forward to meeting you ..lisa & ava

Thanks Lisa - that's really good to hear!
    We should be moving at the start of July and it would be great to meet you & Ava - I'll send you a PM with my contact details!